Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old June 9th 05, 06:14 PM
roadkill

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Chrashing wrote:
-I was out practicing idling and a neighborhood kid walks by,

him: "You're getting better!"

me: "I need to get a lot better" (doing a shaky couple of idles)

him: "I don't think your going to get better."

I know the kid meant well, but at the time I was wondering if I would
ever get beyond idling for 1-2 swings. It bummed me out, but since then
I've improved a great deal. -

-----------------------

Maybe the kid meant "your amazing...I can't imagine how you could
possibly improve?".

Just my Rose-colored-glasses viewpoint...

--
roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

Old June 14th 05, 12:59 PM
Peter Haworth

I had one the other day which sounded like a deliberate variation on the standard comment:

"Terrible, isn't it? They'll nick anything round here!"

--
Peter Haworth
"To really understand a man, you must first walk a mile in his shoes.

Old June 14th 05, 03:57 PM
Roger Light

I tend to get much more interesting comments now that I ride my
two-wheeler down to the pub after juggling.

I got the slightly naive question "Is that harder than a bike?" a while
back whilst last night some nice gents drove past in a van and shouted
"Get a job you F". I can't quite see what made them say that, but there
you go. My mood was repaired after a car full of people went past waving
at me madly.

Odd bunch these non-unicyclists.

Cheers,

Roger
Old June 14th 05, 05:47 PM
johnfoss

I mentioned this in another thread, but this is where it belongs. On
Sunday I was riding the Clementine Loop in Auburn. Two guys on bikes
came up behind me. As I was wondering how to let them pass without
dismounting on the narrow trail, the front one said "You are the coolest
dude I have seen in my entire life!" I had to pull over for that one. I
ended up UPDing in the weeds, because bikes never just pass you when you
want them to. They slow down, stop, want to watch you, etc.

But it was worth it. Somehow I don't believe him though...

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old June 14th 05, 06:12 PM
mgrant

On a recent lunchtime ride I had a kid lean out the window of a passing
truck and yell:

"Hey! It's my birthday!"

To which I replied "Happy Birthday".

I think that's the most random comment I've ever received.

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Old June 14th 05, 06:53 PM
redhead

I haxe had 2 comments from the same 2 kids on a bike. each about 3 or so
weeks a part.
first time thay saw me fail at hopping a peace of wood . Thay laffed
and said Ha HA You suck go goin a circus.

The seconed time thay sew me ride1 footed and stoped and said Dude you
rock Go going a Circus

HUM......

--
redhead

i rock
"i only got two thing in this world, my word and my balls,and i ain't
brakin them for no one"
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

Old June 14th 05, 10:38 PM
munipsycho

Yesterday a random guy in a neighborhood said, "Now there's something
you don't see everyday."

"I do," I replied.

--
munipsycho - Sometimes I fall down.

=====================
Yoopers on family: "Happy wife, happy life."

'Stories' (http://munipsycho.com/stories/)
'The UniSkills Assessment' (http://www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp)

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Old June 15th 05, 06:52 AM
GILD

mgrant wrote:
*On a recent lunchtime ride I had a kid lean out the window of a
passing truck and yell:

"Hey! It's my birthday!"

To which I replied "Happy Birthday".

I think that's the most random comment I've ever received.

-mg *

i wonder if he expected a balloon-animal or something?
if so, this could be the most insidious example of the influence of
unicycle/clown cult

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old June 15th 05, 07:33 AM
fcwegnm0b

The other night, riding home from my friend's house I got a "Get a life,
faggot!" from some people in car..

My favorite was "Hey it's that f*ing guy!!!" from a few kids as I did a
big pedal grab. A few minutes earlier they saw me ride a handrailing on
a bridge.

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"You wanna go to Denny's"

"...Ahh, I'm already there....."
fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

Old June 15th 05, 09:16 AM
Loosemoose

Riding round Oxford yesterday, bout 4 chavs go past in a nova or a corsa
or something and one of them leant out the window and said "Waaah, Weeer
(and other strange noises, presumably to put me off), Fall Off, Waah". I
almost did I was laughing so hard.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326