Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old June 15th 05, 10:44 AM
s7ev0

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Loosemoose wrote:
*Riding round Oxford yesterday, bout 4 chavs go past in a nova or a
corsa or something and one of them leant out the window and said
"Waaah, Weeer (and other strange noises, presumably to put me off),
Fall Off, Waah". I almost did I was laughing so hard.

Loose. *

Eng/US translation:

chav = uncouth youth
nova/corsa = small uninteresting cars, usually driven by "chavs" who
have added a sound system worth more than and heavier than the car

--
s7ev0 - Here comes the summer!

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was
to blame but us. Remember accidents? ~ GILD
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

Old June 15th 05, 10:48 AM
GILD

s7ev0 wrote:
*nova/corsa = small uninteresting cars, usually driven by "chavs" who
have added a sound system worth more than and heavier than the car *

ref the classic at-the-speed-limit-car-chase-scene from the Ali G
movie?

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
'alice' (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?) 'roosevelt'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr) 'longworth' (http://tinyurl.com/78ybd)

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- 'william h mauldin'
(http://www.johnconyers.com/)

...using nietzsche's metaphysics to escape from
christianity...-'metro_tramp on the value of metaphysics'
(http://tinyurl.com/4sjw6)-
it's hard to be sure, and good to be paranoid...john childs on life on
the internet
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old June 15th 05, 10:54 AM
Loosemoose

ref the classic at-the-speed-limit-car-chase-scene from the Ali G
movie?

LMAO

P.S. Cheers for the language conversion S7ev0, I kind of forgot about
the whole society difference thing.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old June 15th 05, 02:36 PM
totally_hooked

maestro8 wrote:
*I get the word "insane" thrown at me at least once a week whilst
riding... it wouldn't bother me if I weren't already at the edge of
my sanity.

Where does unicycling fit into the category of "insanity"? Please
entertain this question, it really gets me going some days... *

Hmm... One of the reasons that I've taken up this "insane" sport is to
keep me sane!

go figure.....

Hooked

--
totally_hooked - U

Unicycling is better than Prozac
totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069

Old June 19th 05, 06:40 AM
UniBrier

johnfoss wrote:
*Add your good non-rider quotes here. *

Today I was riding across the Seattle Center grounds back to my car. I
was riding my freestyle, my giraffe in my left hand with the wheel
rolling ahead of me, carrying an ultimate wheel in my right hand, and my
trials strapped upside down on my backpack.

Right as I approached my car I met a man coming towards me from the
parking lot. As we passed he said:

"Put those together and you'll have something."

Clever comment. Clearly he already knew where my other wheel was.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek

Hop Drop & Roll

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old June 19th 05, 06:51 AM
Unitik908

I was riding down the road the other day and some guy goes "Well, half
the effort, huh?" laughing as he said it. that made my day by far the
best thing ive heard while riding

Chase

--
Unitik908 - The Lone Clothespin....

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

Old June 19th 05, 08:11 AM
GILD

UniBrier wrote:
*I was riding my freestyle, my giraffe in my left hand with the wheel
rolling ahead of me, carrying an ultimate wheel in my right hand, and
my trials strapped upside down on my backpack.

Right as I approached my car I met a man coming towards me from the
parking lot. As we passed he said:

"Put those together and you'll have something."
*

these guys seem to walk to the beat of the same 'drummer'
(http://tinyurl.com/9cg5q)

Old July 8th 05, 05:37 PM
johnfoss

Okay, yesterday's quote was nothing special, but I'm adding it here
because I thought up a great new comeback afterwards.

While crossing the biggest intersection on my commute, I pass a
bicyclist waiting in the left turn lane for his light to turn green. He
says "You're missing something." I gave him the standard, "I don't miss
it at all."

But then I was thinking. I've replaced two skinny 700c wheels with one
bigger, fatter wheel. So for Coker riders, a new variation on the
"Where's your other wheel" and similar:

"I'm compensating!"

Some won't get it, but too bad for them.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old July 8th 05, 05:44 PM
DustinMichels

I was riding through the park and some random bloke said "Hey, dickhead"
which I thought was pretty rude... O_o

--
DustinMichels
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289