Garage Sale find du jour

Old July 3rd 05, 09:14 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default Garage Sale find du jour

Since Dave is always bragging about his latest garage sale find, I
thought I'd post mine.

The big community garage sale was just closing up, and the unsold crap
was going to the big garage sale in the sky. I wandered over to a bike
on display, and asked one of the volunteers, "how much for the trainer?"

"Free."

I am now the proud owner of an apparently-functional wind trainer that
cost me C$0 (approximately US$0 at current exchange rates). It's the
ideal device for when I want to ride my bicycle, but don't want to go
anywhere. Winter training this year is going to be a lot more effective.

Share & Enjoy,

Old July 3rd 05, 02:42 PM
Peter Cole

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I am now the proud owner of an apparently-functional wind trainer that
cost me C$0 (approximately US$0 at current exchange rates). It's the
ideal device for when I want to ride my bicycle, but don't want to go
anywhere. Winter training this year is going to be a lot more effective.

I never throw anything out. I did throw out a perfectly functional wind
trainer. The thing howled like a banshee. Some things transcend
frugality. Good luck.
Old July 3rd 05, 02:50 PM
Pat

:
: I never throw anything out. I did throw out a perfectly functional wind
: trainer. The thing howled like a banshee. Some things transcend
: frugality. Good luck.

I put in a yard sale a treadmill that the cat had peed on. It worked fine,
but I never could get the urine smell out--or learn to tolerate it.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:41 PM
Dave Mayer

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
Since Dave is always bragging about his latest garage sale find, I
thought I'd post mine.

The big community garage sale was just closing up, and the unsold crap
was going to the big garage sale in the sky. I wandered over to a bike
on display, and asked one of the volunteers, "how much for the trainer?"

"Free."

Too funny....

Ah... Ryan - the yard sale Bianchi Rekord that I picked up last weekend?
The one I showed you on Friday?

The seller and I had to disconnect it from a Vetta wind trainer. They had
apparently been locked together unused since the bike came back from the
1983 Ironman. As I was hauling the bike out the door the seller said that
the: "the trainer comes with the bike" in somewhere between pleading and
insisting tone.

So I too picked up a free wind trainer. I was going to offer it too you
gratis, but I forgot to tell you on Friday... Bragging: I already have a
nice variable resistance mag (yard-sale) trainer, which replaced my
(yard-sale) set of Cinelli rollers. Which I gave away free to Rob, as I did
not have the patience to learn to ride it.

Anyway: Ryan: if any of your pals want a Vetta wind trainer - free to
pickup.