Ride 10% faster!

Old July 7th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ZBicyclist

Default Ride 10% faster!

Campy has now introduced 11 speed cassettes.
http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/2008...w-campy-1.html

Compatible with 10 speed wheels, but requires a narrower chain. The
chain is made from better steel, so it's 20% stronger. To me, this
implies the chains will be 40% more expensive, but I'm old and
cynical.

This sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread ... in
thinner slices.

Old July 7th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

ZBicyclist wrote:
Campy has now introduced 11 speed cassettes.
http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/2008...w-campy-1.html

Crap! Nightmares do come true.

And people complain about Shimano driving sales with planned
obsolescence! We did not need 10-speed, and sure as hell do not need
11-speed.

Compatible with 10 speed wheels, but requires a narrower chain. The
chain is made from better steel, so it's 20% stronger. To me, this
implies the chains will be 40% more expensive, but I'm old and
cynical.

As long as ATB stays with 9-speed, and 9-speed bar-end and DT shifters
are made, the travesty of 10 and 11-speed can be avoided. [1]

This sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread ... in
thinner slices.

How many years until Campagnolo decides that they have to once again
one-up Shimano and SRAM [2] with a 12-speed cassette?

[1] Particularly on a steel frame bicycle that can be modified to have
135-mm dropout spacing to use ATB hubs, which are better sealed anyway.
[2] Who will of course have to come out with their own 11-speed drive
trains to compete for the business of the clueless cyclists who believe
that more is alway better.

Old July 8th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leonard Migliore

In article ,
"ZBicyclist" wrote:

Campy has now introduced 11 speed cassettes.
http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/2008...w-campy-1.html

Compatible with 10 speed wheels, but requires a narrower chain. The
chain is made from better steel, so it's 20% stronger. To me, this
implies the chains will be 40% more expensive, but I'm old and
cynical.

This sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread ... in
thinner slices.

Is this being marketed to fans of Spinal Tap? They've always wanted to
be able to turn things up to 11.
Old July 10th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

Six seems to be sufficient

Old July 12th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Robert Chung

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

Red - it must go faster bdbafh Racing 3 June 28th 07 10:41 PM
faster casing = faster tires?!@ bfd Techniques 23 June 1st 07 10:33 PM
Getting faster [email protected] General 3 July 10th 06 10:28 PM
How to ride faster? [email protected] General 38 May 25th 05 02:36 AM
Do you go faster in a bunch ride Timmy_wilson Australia 5 January 31st 05 02:25 AM