World Carfree Day

Old September 16th 10, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default World Carfree Day

On 15 Sep, 18:26, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 15/09/2010 07:31, Doug wrote:

On 14 Sep, 16:16,
wrote:
I wish more people would cycle, especially in towns where they can
easily commute into work. I usually cycle in at about 745 am and its
lovely, plenty of cyclists about but hardly any cars.
And it really relaxes you after a hard day in the office, there would be
less arguments on weekday evenings if more people cycled I swear!

I assume you are not suffering from serious car dependency. Those that
do tend to avoid the use of a bicycle and have even been known to have
an anti-cyclist agenda. Like most addictions it is very difficult to
cure and that is why more people do not cycle.

Can you explain why I don't cycle to work Doug, you seem to know all
about such things?

Because at some point you have made the decision to render your
lifestyle totally car dependent which enables you to live a longer
distance from your choice of workplace and makes cycling impractical.

Alternatively, you are too soft or lazy to brave the elements on a
bicycle and don't care about any health benefits from the resulting
exercise.

OTOH, it is just possible that you work from home.

Maybe you would care to simply give the reason instead of expecting me
to guess it.

-- .
London Carfree
http://www.london.carfree.org.uk/
1.5 million adults in London live without a car.

Old September 16th 10, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Sep 16, 7:44*am, Doug wrote:
On 15 Sep, 18:26, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 15/09/2010 07:31, Doug wrote:

On 14 Sep, 16:16,
wrote:
[...]

1.5 million adults in London live without a car.- Hide quoted text -

Have you thought that he may use public transport?
Old September 19th 10, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 16 Sep, 16:22, francis wrote:
On Sep 16, 7:44*am, Doug wrote:

On 15 Sep, 18:26, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 15/09/2010 07:31, Doug wrote:

On 14 Sep, 16:16,
wrote:
[...]

Its a possibility but why am I expected to guess?

-- .

Old September 19th 10, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 16/09/2010 16:22, francis wrote:
On Sep 16, 7:44 am, wrote:
On 15 Sep, 18:26, Tony wrote:

On 15/09/2010 07:31, Doug wrote:

On 14 Sep, 16:16,
wrote:
[...]

Indeed I do for most of the week, but because I own a car & use it when
it is the best choice for me, Doug tells me that I am dependant on a car.

--
Tony Dragon
Old September 19th 10, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 19/09/2010 08:10, Doug wrote:
On 16 Sep, 16:22, wrote:
On Sep 16, 7:44 am, wrote:

On 15 Sep, 18:26, Tony wrote:

On 15/09/2010 07:31, Doug wrote:

On 14 Sep, 16:16,
wrote:
[...]

You have said that if you own a car then you a dependant on a car, just
proving you wrong.

--
Tony Dragon

World CarFree Day Doug[_3_] UK 16 September 14th 09 05:48 PM
London Carfree Doug[_3_] UK 4 September 5th 09 07:19 AM
New Carfree Blogosphere! Doug[_3_] UK 0 July 1st 09 12:57 PM
Carfree Sundays [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 March 27th 07 12:46 AM
September 22 - World CarFree Day cfsmtb Australia 8 September 23rd 05 05:28 AM