A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Working on bikes

Old May 7th 21, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

So along with being charged with not making any rides, I'm being charged with not working on a garage full of bikes. Seems like people who themselves don't ride and have never even seen a wrench and probably can't even repair their own flats (Yes mother, there are people that take their flats in to expensive top end bicycle stores to repair - there was one in University Cycles in Palo Alto just last week) are tell me that I don't know how to do anything. They haven't ridden in years they have never in their lives built a bicycle up but they KNOW.

John tells us that he changed from American currency long ago even though military retirement pay is paid in American dollars which is the world's exchange currency. He is one telling us about bicycles? He isn't even capable of knowing how he is paid.
Ads
Old May 7th 21, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On 5/7/2021 2:10 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
So along with being charged with not making any rides, I'm being charged with not working on a garage full of bikes. Seems like people who themselves don't ride and have never even seen a wrench and probably can't even repair their own flats (Yes mother, there are people that take their flats in to expensive top end bicycle stores to repair - there was one in University Cycles in Palo Alto just last week) are tell me that I don't know how to do anything. They haven't ridden in years they have never in their lives built a bicycle up but they KNOW.

John tells us that he changed from American currency long ago even though military retirement pay is paid in American dollars which is the world's exchange currency. He is one telling us about bicycles? He isn't even capable of knowing how he is paid.

Therapy, Tom. Please look into it. Posting here is just making you even
more miserable.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 7th 21, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 11:23:33 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

more miserable.

Frank, you're the one that seems increasingly miserable. You can't say anything that is true. THE PARTY which is the most important thing in your life is losing and you can't see anyway into falsifying the next election. No way that covid-19 is going to allow you to rig the election again.
Old May 7th 21, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 11:56:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:

more miserable.

Frank, you're the one that seems increasingly miserable. You can't say anything that is true. THE PARTY which is the most important thing in your life is losing and you can't see anyway into falsifying the next election. No way that covid-19 is going to allow you to rig the election again.

Did Frank rig the election? Bad Frank! Since there is a massive conspiracy involving at least thousands if not tens of thousands of participants -- all the way down to retired professors in Ohio, has any one of them confessed yet?

BTW, this is what the CDC says about COVID deaths. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home For the largest commercial funeral home and cemetery owner (and client) SCI, revenues are up. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301228452.html On a more local level: https://www.marketplace.org/2021/03/...cedented-year/ ICOVID is not a hoax, except to you and the tin-foil hat brigade. One can always argue about the magnitude of the pandemic and the appropriate response, but you have to be a total lunatic to natter on about how it doesn't exist.

BTW, I would actually expect SCI revenues to be down since so many funeral services have nothing to do with embalming/burning, e.g. chapel services, grave side services and other things that COVID cancelled in whole or part.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 7th 21, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:05:38 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 11:56:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:

more miserable.

Did Frank rig the election? Bad Frank! Since there is a massive conspiracy involving at least thousands if not tens of thousands of participants -- all the way down to retired professors in Ohio, has any one of them confessed yet?

BTW, this is what the CDC says about COVID deaths. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home For the largest commercial funeral home and cemetery owner (and client) SCI, revenues are up. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301228452.html On a more local level: https://www.marketplace.org/2021/03/...cedented-year/ ICOVID is not a hoax, except to you and the tin-foil hat brigade. One can always argue about the magnitude of the pandemic and the appropriate response, but you have to be a total lunatic to natter on about how it doesn't exist.

BTW, I would actually expect SCI revenues to be down since so many funeral services have nothing to do with embalming/burning, e.g. chapel services, grave side services and other things that COVID cancelled in whole or part..

Come again Lollipop?
Old May 8th 21, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Fri, 7 May 2021 11:10:36 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Yup, I sure did. And yes, my military retirement pay is in dollars and
paid into a bank account in the U.S. which goes to help out my
relatives there. I've never seen a penny of it.

And as for" the dollar being the world's exchange rate"... well,
Thailand does a tremendous amount of trade with China and the EU...
none of which is in dollars. The U.S. trade (i.e. dollars) amounts to
only about 12% of Thailand's foreign trade.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 8th 21, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Fri, 7 May 2021 11:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

more miserable.

You know Tommy, if the Democrats actually did "falsify the election"
as you allege and as the Republicans, not only were unable to catch
them in the act but also have initiated a large number of court claims
alleging voting fraud, none of which have been decided in favor of the
Republicans it would seem that either the Republicans have the
intelligence of a telephone post OR the Democrats are by far the most
clever chaps in town.

So, the question is, would you rather be governed by a bunch of dumb
asses? Or by some really clever folks?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 8th 21, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On 5/7/2021 7:38 PM, John B. wrote:
wrote:

more miserable.

clever chaps in town.

You're referring to Tibet I presume?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old May 8th 21, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:44:11 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
wrote:

more miserable.

clever chaps in town.

No, he was clearly referring to the US. The Tibetans are not claiming that some other, unidentified Tibetans stole their presidential election. Tibetans are claiming to be occupied by a foreign power -- a true statement and not a factually unsupported belief.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 8th 21, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Working on bikes

On 5/7/2021 8:10 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:44:11 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
wrote:

more miserable.

clever chaps in town.

No, he was clearly referring to the US. The Tibetans are not claiming that some other, unidentified Tibetans stole their presidential election. Tibetans are claiming to be occupied by a foreign power -- a true statement and not a factually unsupported belief.

-- Jay Beattie.

Oh. It's hard to find difference from one subjugation to
another.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971