Silca flat kit.

Old May 17th 21, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Silca flat kit.

Silca has gotten these flat kits in two versions back into stock. I don't think that they are quite as good as their original designs but pretty close.. I just bought a couple of them and loaded with a fairly heavy multipurpose tool, levers, CO2 cartridge and filler head it weighs half a kilogram exactly.

I use the asymetrico but others prefer the more standard premio or mattone.

https://silca.cc/collections/packs-on-bike-1
Old May 18th 21, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:02:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Silca has gotten these flat kits in two versions back into stock. I don't think that they are quite as good as their original designs but pretty close. I just bought a couple of them and loaded with a fairly heavy multipurpose tool, levers, CO2 cartridge and filler head it weighs half a kilogram exactly.

I use the asymetrico but others prefer the more standard premio or mattone.

https://silca.cc/collections/packs-on-bike-1

Nice although a bit spendy. I use Ortlieb micro bags by default https://tinyurl.com/x2mbvhd4 (got one as a gift and then got another and some seat mounts so I can swap them between bikes).

Its been decades since I owned an affirmatively bad seat pack -- like one that falls off or unzips or has other problems -- apart from self-inflicted problems like it is too small. It seems like the market is so full of choices that its just a matter of personal preference. I'd be curious to know if there is some super-bag that is demonstrably better than others.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 18th 21, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/17/2021 8:10 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Of course there is!

https://www.carradice.co.uk/bags/sad...longflap-green

:-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 18th 21, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 8:10:22 p.m. UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I used an old threadless stem and a cutdown handle bar to make a seatpost mount for my handlebar bag. I works really well and I can carry snacks, repair kit, rolled up tights from the cool early morning and my rain jacket plus a cable lock without any problem. And the weight doesn't affect the bicycle steering.

Cheers
Old May 19th 21, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 9:02:01 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Just an FYI to handlebar bag fans: https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...etrack-bar-bag Western Bikeworks deal of the day on the Chrome bag. I have no idea if it is any good -- but everybody should buy one to keep Western Bikeworks in business. It is your civic duty.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 19th 21, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/19/2021 10:58 AM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Nope. Way too tiny! I think I could fit five of those into my handlebar bag.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 19th 21, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 5/19/2021 8:32 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Western Bikeworks deal of the day on the Chrome bag.Â* I have no idea
if it is any good -- but everybody should buy one to keep Western
Bikeworks in business. It is your civic duty.

Nope. Way too tiny! I think I could fit five of those into my handlebar
bag.

The specs claim it is 5L. Do you really have a 30L handlebar bag?

Mark J.
Old May 19th 21, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/19/2021 1:36 PM, Mark J. wrote:
[...]

The specs claim it is 5L.Â* Do you really have a 30L handlebar bag?

No, I exaggerated. Mine is about 11 liters. But I'm surprised that one
is 5 liters. It doesn't look that big to me.

They don't seem to give dimensions, and I don't see a side view.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 19th 21, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

https://www.chromeindustries.com/pro...cgid=bike_bags

They work best if you dress like a lumberjack. Chrome moved to Portland from SF. https://bikeportland.org/2017/01/05/...ortland-212065 Alas, we lost Rapha to the Walmart guys so no more killer Rapha deals -- unless I want to drive to Arkansas.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 20th 21, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wolfgang Strobl[_4_]

Am Wed, 19 May 2021 15:23:12 -0400 schrieb Frank Krygowski
:

[...]

I guess it's no more than 1-2 liters.

I own two versions of the Ortlieb Ultimate Classic handlebar bag, a
somewhat old one, and a very old one. Ortlieb specifies 7 literes.
Front view is similar, but it's almost a cube.

https://www.ortlieb.com/media/downloads/anleitung/ultimate_six_7L_8.5L.pdf
https://www.ortlieb.com/de_en/ultimate-six-classic+F3122

An even bigger bag wouldn’t fit in a racing handlebar (drop bars).

https://www.mystrobl.de/Plone/radfahren/technik/komponenten/v-brake/view.html
--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen

Silca pumps hizark21 Racing 65 June 28th 08 05:05 AM
My last Silca Pista. Dan H[_44_] Marketplace 0 October 7th 07 08:31 AM
FA: Silca Pista Pump, New! Dan H[_38_] Marketplace 0 August 26th 07 05:58 AM
Flat Resistant or Flat Proof Tires Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 9 February 3rd 07 05:35 AM
Silca pump problem Derek Techniques 6 August 17th 05 03:42 PM