Perfect date

Old April 7th 05, 04:10 AM
Claire Petersky

Default Perfect date

Dinner at Malay Satay Hut. Then we spent an hour (and $200, as it turned
out) at the LBS.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

See the books I've set free at:

Old April 7th 05, 05:29 AM
Bill Sornson

Claire Petersky wrote:
Dinner at Malay Satay Hut. Then we spent an hour (and $200, as it
turned out) at the LBS.

A nosh and some swag? Perfection indeed.

Old April 7th 05, 09:24 AM
Andrew Price

Claire wrote -

Dinner at Malay Satay Hut. Then we spent an hour (and $200, as it turned
out) at the LBS.

Sunday lunch with the family out at the local restaurant (LR ?) where the
food is good but sometimes slow to arrive is a bit of a tradition round
here - especially if the kids have consulted my rides schedule and seen
anything in excess of 100 clicks called for that morning.

The kids used to be happy sketching with the crayons the LR provided - until
they learned to figure when the endorphin levels will be high enough to
progress negotiations for something to do with some computer game/thing that
they would like but which might otherwise have not survived in the
appropriations committee or have trouble getting past the commander in chief
(Mrs Price).

And I confess to occasionally slipping out to the LBS which, as it happens,
is right next to the LR and open on a Sunday would you believe just to pick
up a spare tube or whatever - trick is to make it back before anything gets
served - so slow service is not always a desperately bad thing.

best, Andrew

Old April 7th 05, 12:42 PM
Roy Zipris

"...her miter box stored in the dining room...."

I don't get this reference, but I *am* now curious. --Roy Zipris

Old April 7th 05, 01:33 PM
Peter Cole

Claire Petersky wrote:
Dinner at Malay Satay Hut. Then we spent an hour (and $200, as it

turned
out) at the LBS.

Mine:
2 hrs of riding, followed by a picnic high on a hillside, followed by a
snooze in the sun, followed by another hour of riding.

http://home.comcast.net/~peter_cole/Blue_Hills/images/pc120005.jpg

Old April 7th 05, 09:02 PM
Veloise

Roy wrote:
"...her miter box stored in the dining room...."

I don't get this reference, but I *am* now curious.

It's a TOOL!! Usually used to cut crown moulding to fit the corners of
the ceiling or floor. (BTDT) I think frame builders have them as well,
to cut nice clean precise angles on frame tubes.

HTH
--Karen M.

the living room? Road bike, antique bike, sousaphone, euphonium,
butterfly chair, two sleepy cats

Old April 7th 05, 09:27 PM
Michael

Veloise wrote:

Roy wrote:
"...her miter box stored in the dining room...."

I don't get this reference, but I *am* now curious.

It's a TOOL!! Usually used to cut crown moulding to fit the corners of
the ceiling or floor. (BTDT) I think frame builders have them as well,
to cut nice clean precise angles on frame tubes.

HTH
--Karen M.

the living room? Road bike, antique bike, sousaphone, euphonium,
butterfly chair, two sleepy cats

sousaphone? LOL. Got an extra 50 sq. ft of floor space you'd loan me?

A woman who knows tools is cool, IMHO. One of the most interesting (to me)
women I know is one of my sisters-in-law: both she and I are electrical
engineers. Mucho importante stuff to discuss together!
Old April 7th 05, 10:04 PM
Veloise

Michael wrote:
sousaphone? LOL. Got an extra 50 sq. ft of floor space you'd loan

me?

Place it upright on the bottom bow, bell leaning flat against the wall.
Takes less space than a chair, or half a bike.

A woman who knows tools is cool, IMHO. One of the most interesting

(to me)
women I know is one of my sisters-in-law: both she and I are

electrical
engineers. Mucho importante stuff to discuss together!

I also have a socket set, a cordless drill (**not** a pink one!!) and a
PA system.

HAND!

--Karen M.
knows how to use 'em!

Old April 12th 05, 02:09 AM
Mike Kruger

"Joshua Putnam" wrote in message

My first date with my wife was the Seattle Bike Expo,

followed by food,
followed by a ride, followed by more food and good beer.

Then I went to her place and found her bikes stored in the

living room
and her miter box stored in the dining room, and I was

hooked.

She even had a tandem that fit me ;-)

Hmm -- was this one of those Viewpoint tandems where the
(upright) captain is in the back, and can kiss the (recumbent)
stoker up front? Or did you get that later?

Such a perfect day... Simon Brooke UK 6 March 9th 05 08:08 AM
Date Colnago frame [email protected] Techniques 1 January 31st 05 05:08 PM
An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong) David Recumbent Biking 65 December 21st 04 07:42 AM
AMB-Idaho '04 Epic Weekend Date Set Paladin Mountain Biking 58 January 24th 04 08:33 PM
Newbie Question... Mountain bike for $300 Nat Xavier Mountain Biking 9 September 15th 03 01:01 AM