Radioshack 2010 tdf team

Old June 23rd 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
z, fred

Default Radioshack 2010 tdf team

Horst Schnellinger wrote:
* z, fred [22-06-10 17:54]:
Does this mean LANCE simply hired Zubeldia and Rubiera to keep them off
Astana's team, or possibly fears of misplaced alliances?

No, that means that Zubeldia is ****in injured at the moment, and that's the only
raeson he couldn't ride the Tour, dumbass.

You're right, I overlooked that. What's your brilliant reply regarding
Rubiera?
Old June 23rd 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"z, fred" wrote in message
news
Horst Schnellinger wrote:
* z, fred [22-06-10 17:54]:
Does this mean LANCE simply hired Zubeldia and Rubiera to keep them off
Astana's team, or possibly fears of misplaced alliances?

No, that means that Zubeldia is ****in injured at the moment, and that's
the only
raeson he couldn't ride the Tour, dumbass.

You're right, I overlooked that. What's your brilliant reply regarding
Rubiera?

You weren't the only one without a brain on that one. I'd forgotten too.
Pretty sure they would have brought Zubeldia, not sure at whose expense (did
Horner luck out?). I don't think there's anyone on the 'Shack who can go
toe-to-toe with Contador at the 4k mark on a climb... except, maybe, Jani?
Rubiera isn't that person.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old June 23rd 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 6/22/2010 8:22 PM, z, fred wrote:
Horst Schnellinger wrote:
* z, fred [22-06-10 17:54]:
Does this mean LANCE simply hired Zubeldia and Rubiera to keep them
off Astana's team, or possibly fears of misplaced alliances?

No, that means that Zubeldia is ****in injured at the moment, and
that's the only
raeson he couldn't ride the Tour, dumbass.

You're right, I overlooked that. What's your brilliant reply regarding
Rubiera?

My guess is that he has a problem with not getting any
younger as time goes by. That seems to be a chronic
issue for Radio Shack. Don't know why it is being
applied selectively but probably one of the younger
guys is just riding better.

Fred Flintstein
Old June 23rd 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 22, 1:00*pm, Randall wrote:
Does anyone know much about Gregory Rast and Dmitriy Muravyev ..?

It's really a mystery to me why both Dimitri Muravyev & Sergio
Paulinho were chosen Both riders seem to be strong in the TT. So
perhaps Bruyneel feels that they can help on the flats.

On Jun 22, 9:53*am, " wrote:

(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...ack-in-search-
of-eighth-tour-victory )

RadioShack for the Tour de France: Lance Armstrong, Andreas Klöden,
Levi Leipheimer, Chris Horner, Janez Brajkovic, Sergio Paulinho,
Yaroslav Popovych, Gregory Rast and Dmitriy Muravyev

Old June 26th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

Which Radioshack riders are best suited to help Lance on the cobble
stage. I would say Chris Horner & Levi Leipheimer possibly. Not sure
about the other Shack pave skills.

Old June 26th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

On Jun 25, 9:00*pm, Randall wrote:
Which Radioshack riders are best suited to help Lance on the cobble
stage. I would say Chris Horner & Levi Leipheimer possibly. Not sure
about the other Shack pave skills.

Randalf the Wizard,
What in the name of Mordor is your reasoning behind thinking
Leipheimer has any special skills on cobblestones? His two wins at
Copperopolis?

Horner on the other hand is good on anything. He's your best bet here.
I love an old quote of his from his Roubaix experience:
"...they plowed a dirt road, flew over it with a helicopter, and then
just dropped a bunch of rocks out of the helicopter! That's Paris-
Roubaix. It's that bad - it's ridiculous."
-DA74
Old June 26th 10, 08:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KGring

On Jun 25, 9:20*pm, DA74 wrote:
On Jun 25, 9:00*pm, Randall wrote:

Which Radioshack riders are best suited to help Lance on the cobble
stage. I would say Chris Horner & Levi Leipheimer possibly. Not sure
about the other Shack pave skills.

Randalf the Wizard,
What in the name of Mordor is your reasoning behind thinking
Leipheimer has any special skills on cobblestones? His two wins at
Copperopolis?

Horner on the other hand is good on anything. He's your best bet here.
I love an old quote of his from his Roubaix experience:
"...they plowed a dirt road, flew over it with a helicopter, and then
just dropped a bunch of rocks out of the helicopter! That's Paris-
Roubaix. It's that bad - it's ridiculous."

Dumbass -

As much as I like Horner, I can't say that he'll be that helpful over
cobbles. His build is a little too sleight. That said, quite a large
portion of the TdF peloton also won't be suited to the cobbles, so
maybe he might be able to do something relative to his usefulness in
Paris-Roubaix.

As for Leipheimer, yeah, I agree, totally useless.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old June 26th 10, 09:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

On Jun 26, 12:03*am, KGring wrote:
On Jun 25, 9:20*pm, DA74 wrote:

[...]

I was just thinking that Leipheimer was more rounded than the other
domestiques.

Old June 26th 10, 11:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty[_2_]

Randall wrote:
Which Radioshack riders are best suited to help Lance on the cobble

I was just thinking that Leipheimer was more rounded than the other
domestiques.

If being rounded made you good on cobbles someone from rbr would have
won Paris-Roubaix by now.

Old June 26th 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Gringioni[_2_]

"Randall" wrote in message

: I was just thinking that Leipheimer was more rounded than the other
: domestiques.

Dumbass -

Totally wrong physical characteristics. He's small, so he bounces around
more on the cobbles and he's not an anaerobic power guy.

The prototypical Paris Roubix guys who are current are Cancellara or Taylor
Phinney (6'4", two for two in U-23 PR). Big guys (they ride smoother over
the cobbles in a big gear), lots of anaerobic power.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Lances TDF chances: Astana vs Radioshack [email protected] Racing 13 January 21st 10 06:02 PM
2010 TdF Nige Danton[_2_] UK 4 October 15th 09 09:34 AM
Vuelta 2009, Giro 2010, Tour 2010, Worlds 2012 Susan Walker Racing 10 September 24th 09 07:22 PM
Anorexic Drew Carey Totally Sabotages The Garmin team for 2010 MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 4 September 2nd 09 05:09 AM
60% by 2010 Simon Mason UK 27 May 6th 04 11:05 AM