cycling in England

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th 14, 08:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default cycling in England

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:15:43 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Are you suggesting skepticism at plastic hat benefits?

The mystic aura of the sacred foam hat will protect its wearer from
harm. However, medical insurance is helpful for those times when the
protective aura has been worn away by the curses, expletives, and
incantations of a more powerful sorcerer. The plastic hat works,
except when it doesn't.

I'm sure that there are those who believe bike helmets prevent up to 85%
of battle axe wounds!

Probably true. One of my friends has 3 sons, all of whom are involved
in a medieval battle re-enactment society, where the weapons are made
from foam. I believe a bike helmet should survive a blow from one of
these axes:
http://www.forgedfoam.com/?product_cat=axes
http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/c-83-larp-axes.aspx
https://www.google.com/search?q=foam+battle+axe&tbm=isch
However, I'm not sure it will survive this axe:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-duct-tape-battle-axe/
because few things are stronger than duct tape.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Cycling England to go JMS UK 3 September 30th 10 07:56 PM
Cycling England review Tom Crispin UK 2 April 14th 10 01:20 PM
Cycling in North of England Klaus Steinkamp UK 13 November 17th 08 02:27 PM
Cycling England Tom Crispin UK 2 April 13th 07 11:03 PM
Cycling your way to an England managership. Richard UK 1 May 5th 06 09:52 AM