Tour de Georgia/Brasstown Bald

Old April 14th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Tour de Georgia/Brasstown Bald

So I'm thinking of driving down to Georgia next week for a couple of
Tour de Georgia stages. (Geez, I wish they'd named it the Tour OF
Georgia...) Anybody got any recommendations on best spots to camp
out on Brasstown Bald for the end of Stage 5?

Thanks,
~bob
Old April 14th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

All I can tell you is this ... imagine the earliest, most insanely
ridiculous time you might even consider starting to head up that mountain to
claim your spot ... and start at least 2 hours before that.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
news

Old April 14th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

psycholist wrote:
Ooops. I forgot. Lance retired and George is out. You can probably head
up there about an hour before they're scheduled to finish. ;-)

Here's hoping you're right.

~bob

Old April 14th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article
,
bob sullivan wrote:

So I'm thinking of driving down to Georgia next week for a couple of
Tour de Georgia stages. (Geez, I wish they'd named it the Tour OF
Georgia...)

For you nashcar fans, that's tour duh Georgia.

--
Michael Press
Old April 14th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:54:36 -0400, bob sullivan
wrote:

psycholist wrote:
Ooops. I forgot. Lance retired and George is out. You can probably head
up there about an hour before they're scheduled to finish. ;-)

Here's hoping you're right.

~bob

Dumbasses,

If you want the race to continue to be a success, here's hoping you're
wrong.
Old April 14th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
psycholist wrote:
Ooops. I forgot. Lance retired and George is out. You can probably head
up there about an hour before they're scheduled to finish. ;-)

Here's hoping you're right.

~bob

Dumbasses,

If you want the race to continue to be a success, here's hoping you're
wrong.

Hm, good point. I hadn't thought about it like that. I guess I really am
a dumb@ss.

~bob
Old April 14th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Not to be confused with The Tour duh Freedom

Old April 16th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

There are several sections along the 1st 2 miles that exceed 20% and those
are good places to view the riders where they'll be going the slowest. At
the 2 mile point there is a parking lot where the vendors are set up. From
there the going really gets brutal in the last mile. The only problem is if
you ride your bike up to that point no bikes are allowed past the parking
area so you have to leave it unattended to view the race any higher up.I
usually ride up to the parking lot then coast back down and pick out a good
spot on one of the steep sections. Bill

Old April 16th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

bob sullivan wrote:
Hm, good point. I hadn't thought about it like that. I guess I really am
a dumb@ss.

Welcome to the church of rbr. Salvation is only a donation away.

Pope Donald VIII