Four days!

Old April 24th 07, 03:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Four days!

How do PBK do it? Ordered 20/4/07, arrived
24/4/07. Do they have some special deal to
get the blue parcels special priority? How
come the other UK shops can't match this?

DeF
--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old April 24th 07, 04:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Apr 24, 10:57 am, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
How do PBK do it? Ordered 20/4/07, arrived
24/4/07. Do they have some special deal to
get the blue parcels special priority? How
come the other UK shops can't match this?

DeF
--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Took longer for a set of bib's to come to Rockingham, (Western
Australia) from Melbourne.

Nice work on their behalf!!

Brendo

Old April 24th 07, 04:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

wrote:
How do PBK do it? Ordered 20/4/07, arrived
24/4/07. Do they have some special deal to
get the blue parcels special priority? How
come the other UK shops can't match this?

DeF
--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Took longer for a set of bib's to come to Rockingham, (Western
Australia) from Melbourne.

Nice work on their behalf!!

Brendo

I ordered from PBK Tuesday last week and had the goods on Friday. A
friend ordered the Thursday before Good Friday and had the goods the
following Tuesday! Over the Easter weekend!! They are fantastic.

--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 24th 07, 04:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_81_]

DeF Wrote:
How do PBK do it? Ordered 20/4/07, arrived
24/4/07. Do they have some special deal to
get the blue parcels special priority? How
come the other UK shops can't match this?

DeF
--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

They use a facillitation service... (I'm told) and that same service is
used by a few others too, it just means that PBK's accounting system
clears payments a bit quicker OR they accept a higher level of fraud in
the mix and processing time is reduced.

generally delay is caused not by postage but by processing of payment
clearance to minimise fraud ( which is rife thanks to Korea, Nigeria ,
some from China and a few other places closer to home).

talk to the guys who run on line shops you will be horrified at the
rorts that are tried by buyers with stolen CC details or imaginery
ID's.

--
rooman

Old April 24th 07, 04:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_85_]

DeF Wrote:
How come the other UK shops can't match this?

My guesses only here... (with a general view of PBK as a whole)..

PBK are simply on top of their game. A warehouse full of goodies and
streamlined process.... Interweebians simply place their orders through
the website which is linked real-time to their _actual_ inventory - all
they have to do is throw it in a bag and send it off. I'm sure they've
got a nice deal with the postal service given their volumes. Their IT
systems would be interesting - I wonder if they've outsourced it, or
have someone in house who is running that show... whichever way, it
works damn well.

No shop front, no servicing shi**er bikes, no having to spend hours
with a customer who is looking to fork out as little as possible on
their first bike, etc^2.

While email has killed of the 'letter'. PBK, T7, eBay, etc have all
created quite a market for package delivery! I would have taken more
notice of my uni lecturer saying transport is going to be _the_
business to be in once Internet shopping comes of age... but it was his
other theories that it would completely replace the standard retail
industry that got me questioning his wackyness. He liked to see
himself as a technology visionary, who wore a skivvy. OT now... 'nuf
said.

--
gplama

Old April 24th 07, 05:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

rooman wrote:
DeF Wrote:
[...]

Yes, well I can vouch for that. I've had two credit cards skimmed
whilst overseas (Malaysia). It only came to light when I saw purchases
on the statement that weren't me. There was several thousand dollars
on Porsche car parts from a US site, one for several hundred for
mobile phone access in Canada and one for a pr0n subscription. I got
all the money back.

No jokes about hanging on to the pr0n subscription please - that's
shooting fish in a barrel.

DeF.

Old April 24th 07, 08:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Apr 24, 2:08 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
rooman wrote:
DeF Wrote:
[...]

Did you get to keep the FF points?
A mate of mine got skimmed somewhere in Europe, and they ran up 50k on
it before he got back. Got the funds returned, but he got to keep all
the FF points, so he got a free holiday out of it.

Old April 24th 07, 08:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

No jokes about hanging on to the pr0n subscription please - that's
shooting fish in a barrel.

DeF.

No worries Def, if I got caught with the pr0n subscription, I'd claim it
wasn't mine too.
CN

Old April 24th 07, 09:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

wrote:
rooman wrote:
DeF Wrote:
[...]

Actually, no I don't think I did. Even worse, I now get two
statements for points accumulated - one for the old (ie no new
points since it was canceled) and one for the new. The points
value left on the old card is so small and the effort required
to get them transfered (phone "helpline" for bank is fscking
nightmare) that I've not bothered to chase it up.

Still, I've come out ahead at other times so I'm not going to
stress about it although I hate it when banks win even tiny amounts.

DeF

Old April 24th 07, 09:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Campag_nut wrote:
No jokes about hanging on to the pr0n subscription please - that's
shooting fish in a barrel.

DeF.

No worries Def, if I got caught with the pr0n subscription, I'd claim it
wasn't mine too.
CN

Boom - tish!

There's always one....

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Been away a few days ... have you lot seen this? ian henden UK 13 July 16th 06 03:14 PM
Ever had one of those OTHER days?! Fuego Unicycling 5 March 21st 06 04:18 PM
2 Days, everything changes. MikeyOz Australia 21 January 28th 06 05:27 AM
10 whole days Jim Flom Racing 5 March 21st 05 04:46 PM
Good days and bad days biking Badger_South General 2 September 3rd 04 06:04 PM