Home made wheel truing stand

Old June 11th 07, 11:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

Default Home made wheel truing stand

A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

Well I have finally gotten my first digital camera (crap quality
camera phone actually) and took a few snaps of the stand and uploaded
them to Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8793655@N05/

This is my first attempt to upload photos to Flickr, so I hope the
link above is the correct one I'm supposed to give out.

Sorry about the crappy quality of the pictures, but they do show the
mechanical detail well enough to see what's going on, if you follow
the accompanying text anyway.

Travis

Old June 12th 07, 12:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Interesting! I guess you could take the same approach with an old bike
frame out of the hard rubbish - drill a few holes and put in some
bolts for guides - for front and back wheels.

Donga

Old June 12th 07, 12:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Travis wrote:
A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

That's very well put together, I might have to make myself one
now. ;-)

Well done!

BTH

Old June 12th 07, 11:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

On Jun 12, 7:59 am, BT Humble wrote:
Travis wrote:
A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

That's very well put together, I might have to make myself one
now. ;-)

Well done!

BTH

Want me to upload pics of my DIY bike workstand as well, while I'm at
it?

Travis

Old June 13th 07, 12:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Travis wrote:
Want me to upload pics of my DIY bike workstand as well, while I'm at
it?

Sure! I'm a big fan of pirating other people's ideas. ;-)

I've got to build some shelving and a workbench for my shed soon, so
now is a good time for thinking about extra features.

BTH

Very simple home made wheel truing stand Travis Australia 7 December 20th 06 01:16 PM
WTD: Wheel truing stand A.Lee UK 0 May 1st 05 02:25 PM
Home made truing stand designs Doug Goncz Techniques 7 January 22nd 04 02:49 PM
WTB: PreciRay wheel truing stand Jeff S. Marketplace 0 October 9th 03 02:43 AM
where to buy Park Wheel Truing stand Me UK 6 October 6th 03 04:06 AM