who wants to be a sustrans ranger?

Old May 5th 05, 10:35 AM
davek

Default who wants to be a sustrans ranger?

piece in the Evening Standard today with a request from Sustrans for
volunteers to act as rangers on the National Cycle Network - if anyone
is interested they should call 0117 915 0129 or visit
url:http://www.sustrans.org.uk

d.

Old May 5th 05, 02:38 PM
Nick Kew

davek wrote:
piece in the Evening Standard today with a request from Sustrans for
volunteers to act as rangers on the National Cycle Network - if anyone
is interested they should call 0117 915 0129 or visit
url:http://www.sustrans.org.uk

d.

Erm, there's nothing obvious about it on the website. And being in the
evening standard leads me to suppose it's probably a regional thing and
irrelevant to here - which disinclines me to spend time looking. Any
further info?

--
Nick Kew
Old May 5th 05, 04:11 PM
davek

Nick Kew wrote:
Erm, there's nothing obvious about it on the website. And being in

the
evening standard leads me to suppose it's probably a regional thing

and
irrelevant to here - which disinclines me to spend time looking. Any
further info?

No further info. The piece did refer to the /National/ Cycle Network
and "10,000 miles of cycle path" so I presume this ranger scheme has
national scope.

I don't particularly like your implicit criticism of me posting
something that might have merely "regional" interest anyway - it's
relevant to URC generally, even if not to you personally. Whether you
spend time looking or not is entirely up to you. There was a phone
number - if you are interested, try phoning it. If you're
"disinclined", don't bother. See if I care.

d.

Old May 5th 05, 04:18 PM
JohnB

davek wrote:

Nick Kew wrote:
Erm, there's nothing obvious about it on the website. And being in

the
evening standard leads me to suppose it's probably a regional thing

and
irrelevant to here - which disinclines me to spend time looking. Any
further info?

No further info. The piece did refer to the /National/ Cycle Network
and "10,000 miles of cycle path" so I presume this ranger scheme has
national scope.

I don't particularly like your implicit criticism of me posting
something that might have merely "regional" interest anyway - it's
relevant to URC generally, even if not to you personally. Whether you
spend time looking or not is entirely up to you. There was a phone
number - if you are interested, try phoning it. If you're
"disinclined", don't bother. See if I care.

Pumps at dawn ?

John B
Old May 5th 05, 05:08 PM
David Martin

On 5/5/05 4:11 pm, in article
, "davek"
wrote:

Nick Kew wrote:
Erm, there's nothing obvious about it on the website. And being in

the
evening standard leads me to suppose it's probably a regional thing

and
irrelevant to here - which disinclines me to spend time looking. Any
further info?

No further info. The piece did refer to the /National/ Cycle Network
and "10,000 miles of cycle path" so I presume this ranger scheme has
national scope.

www.sustrans.org.uk

Look at the menu on the left hand side of the page.

Near the bottom is the link 'Volunteer Programme'

Click it.

There is more information on this page and in the subsequent downloads.

It took all of a few seconds to find it on the web site.

...d

Old May 5th 05, 05:40 PM
Nick Kew

davek wrote:

I don't particularly like your implicit criticism

Huh? Lots of people post things of local interest. How is that
either a sin or a criticism?

There was a phone
number - if you are interested, try phoning it.

I'm very definitely not inclined. Bloody works outside the window
mean I wouldn't be able to hear someone on the other end of the
phone, anyway:-(

--
Nick Kew
Old May 5th 05, 05:50 PM
Keith Willoughby

"davek" writes:

piece in the Evening Standard today with a request from Sustrans for
volunteers to act as rangers on the National Cycle Network - if anyone
is interested they should call 0117 915 0129 or visit
url:http://www.sustrans.org.uk

I was actually looking into this on the weekend. I was walking along the
Taff Trail, despairing at the rubbish, when I realised that taking a bin
bag with me would be slightly more efficient than mere despair.

When I got back I checked the Sustrans website and went as far as
downloading the application form, but then it turned out I'd need to
supply references, submit to occasional training, commit to various
dates, and I decided I'd rather just do it unofficially and pay for my
own bin bags.

I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry blues
Old May 5th 05, 05:58 PM
davek

David Martin wrote:
It took all of a few seconds to find it on the web site.

Yes, indeed. I hadn't even looked at the website before now, but you're
absolutely right - it's not exactly difficult to find the information
unless you are disinclined to bother and would rather make small-minded
wise-cracks.

d.

Old May 6th 05, 12:48 AM
Mark Thompson

Huh? Lots of people post things of local interest. How is that
either a sin or a criticism?

"it's probably a regional thing and irrelevant to here"

Oh I get it slaps hand to forehead. Here = your local area, not urc.

Sustrans website offline? Mike Causer UK 2 January 3rd 05 04:42 PM
Anyone done Sustrans Route 2 (Southern Coast)? Ray Swartz UK 2 June 22nd 04 11:59 AM
Sustrans Rangers. Simon Mason UK 9 October 23rd 03 11:48 PM
Sustrans routes Zog The Undeniable UK 51 September 26th 03 11:08 AM
Sustrans straight in at number 14. Colin Blackburn UK 16 August 25th 03 03:52 PM