FS-Parody of Calvin

Old March 31st 04, 03:05 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default FS-Parody of Calvin

Got a wad of these from Itelgraphics-can be seen on

http://www.tinyurl.com/3f37k

$1 per, free shipping, white only.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old March 31st 04, 05:23 PM
John Everett

On 31 Mar 2004 14:05:49 GMT, (Qui si parla
Campagnolo ) wrote:

Got a wad of these from Itelgraphics-can be seen on

http://www.tinyurl.com/3f37k

$1 per, free shipping, white only.

Should probably be cross-posted to rec.fishing and
rec.outdoors.marketplace. ;-)

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old March 31st 04, 09:21 PM
Russ Baxter

(Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message ...
Got a wad of these from Itelgraphics-can be seen on

http://www.tinyurl.com/3f37k

$1 per, free shipping, white only.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

I posed this question when this "parody" sticker was offered for sale
on this group a couple of months ago. Is it being called a parody to
avoid paying for the rights (presuming the rights are available) for
the use of Calvin's image?

It looks more like theft of intellectual property than parody.
Old April 1st 04, 02:11 AM
andy

The creator of Calvin and Hobbs never copyrighted the characters having no
desire to cash in on such 'parodies'. Interesting, that is why you see so
many variations on this graphic.
andy
om...

Old April 1st 04, 02:28 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

rbaxter- I posed this question when this "parody" sticker was offered for
sale
on this group a couple of months ago. Is it being called a parody to
avoid paying for the rights (presuming the rights are available) for
the use of Calvin's image? BRBR

I talked to a lawyer before I got these and they are protected under the 1st
amendment, much like a political cartoon..It is not exact, it is not the
coptwrote shimano image.

rbaxter It looks more like theft of intellectual property than parody.
BRBR

It may look like that to you but not an attorney.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302