"Same roads, same rules, same rights"

Old March 13th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Matt O'Toole

Default "Same roads, same rules, same rights"

"Same roads, same rules, same rights"...

Is this copyrighted or trademarked? If so, by whom? Or are we free to
use it anyway?

I've seen it written with "rules" and "rights" switched, but the other way
makes more sense, and is better copywriting.

Matt O.
Old March 13th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:37:24 -0400, Matt O'Toole
wrote:

"Same roads, same rules, same rights"...

Is this copyrighted or trademarked? If so, by whom? Or are we free to
use it anyway?

I've seen it written with "rules" and "rights" switched, but the other way
makes more sense, and is better copywriting.

Matt O.

If you are referring to the ever-present motor-car/cycle debate, "same
rights" is wrong; as cyclists (in most parts of the world) use the
road by right, whereas motorists use it by permission.

And of course, "same rules" is frequently wrong as well.
Old March 13th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Matt O'Toole

wrote:

"Same roads, same rules, same rights"...

Is this copyrighted or trademarked? If so, by whom? Or are we free to
use it anyway?

I've seen it written with "rules" and "rights" switched, but the other way
makes more sense, and is better copywriting.

Matt O.

If you are referring to the ever-present motor-car/cycle debate, "same
rights" is wrong; as cyclists (in most parts of the world) use the
road by right, whereas motorists use it by permission.

And of course, "same rules" is frequently wrong as well.

I'm not referring to any debate. I asked a direct question about
copyright or trademark, on either version of this phrase. Does anyone
have an answer?

Matt O.

Old March 13th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wayne Pein

wrote:

"Same roads, same rules, same rights"...

Is this copyrighted or trademarked? If so, by whom? Or are we free to
use it anyway?

Georgia Bicycle Federation.

http://probicycle.com/

Wayne

Old March 13th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Matt O'Toole wrote:
:: "Same roads, same rules, same rights"...
::

Try he http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm

Old March 13th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
David L. Johnson

Wayne Pein wrote:

Georgia Bicycle Federation.

http://probicycle.com/

Interesting group. Quote:

Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every road, just
as do all other users. Nothing more is expected. Nothing less is acceptable.

--

David L. Johnson

"Business!" cried the Ghost. "Mankind was my business. The common
welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and
benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but
a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!" --Dickens,