Milestone Day for ARBR Arrives!

Old September 5th 05, 08:59 AM
Jeff Grippe

Default Milestone Day for ARBR Arrives!

wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 02:01:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:
Ahhh, that's the problem, your parent's decided aginst this when your
momma found out she was pregnant with. Explains it all. Too bad they
decided aginst trimming the gene pool.

snip of tripe and bombastic self aggradizement

jim

I never mentioned abortion. All I said is they should have castrated
your father before your conception. No abortion in play.

Betting you're nat man enough to just walk away, eddieboy.

To be honest I couldn't figure out this reply either. I assumed that Jim was
anti-choice and was chastising me (Jeff) since it was my post that was
edited and snipped with the label "tripe and bombastic self aggrandizement".

My recommendation to both Jim and Ed is to argue the issue not the
personality. But hey, its a free country, by all means say what you want.

Old September 5th 05, 09:19 AM
Jeff Grippe

I quoted the whole thing because that seems to be important to you.

As I said, your moral compass is poorly calibrated. You don't actually have
a system of principles to guide you in ethical behavior.

You say things like "There are certain human behaviors which ought to be
hidden away..." but we know nothing of what priciples determine which
behaviors you are talking about. You give examples and tell us that the list
is long but there is no clear way to understand what makes the list and what
doesn't. Don't even bother with terms like liberal and conservative. They
are far to broad in scope to actually be called "a system of principles".

You ignore class issues and simply rely on "this is how things have always
been so it is perfectly ok if they remain that way". That may in fact be a
principle but I would hardly call it ethical.

You need to spend some time thinking about what your principles are and then
work from there and take stands on issues based on your principles. You
should also recognize the situations in which there might be some ambiguity
although I realize this is very difficult for you.

I have no problem with the person who takes an anti-choice stand because
they have a principle which says that "human life is sacred" and that
abortion is the taking of human life. I don't happen to agree but I
completely understand the position. If that same person says that "human
life is scared" but then they support capital punishment, or they support
war, then I would say that they don't have a consistant set of moral values.
If it is possible to hold that human life is sacred but that the intentional
taking of human life is not always wrong, then you have no basis upon which
to take an anti-choice stand.

Jeff
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

That is my whole purpose in being here - to entertain and amuse. What is
your purpose in being here?

Who says I need a purpose?

I would have thought your purpose in being here was to receive
intellectual stimulation from me. We all know how dull and boring New York
City can be.

I cannot take anyone seriously on the issue of morality who believes it
is just fine and dandy to commit abortion.

That is because your moral compass is poorly calibrated. You can't stop
abortion. All you can do is decide if it is available only to the wealthy
or if it is available to people of modest means as well.

Your ethics are based on a level of human behavior that human beings are
not capable of. That being the case you must balance social issues with
the absolute moral stand.

There are certain human behaviors which ought to be hidden away in a
closet. Abortion is one of them. Homosexuality is another one. The list
just goes one and on. But moronic liberals like you want to bring these
reprehensible human behaviors out in the open and justify them on the
basis of class discrimination or some other superfluous issue.

Poor people have always been trash people and we should never do anything
to encourage their trash behavior. Only the middle class is moral. The
upper classes also behave like swine. I give you the Kennedy's as an
example of what I am talking about.

Hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue. But when you do not set
virtue up as the standard you have abandoned all goodness. The lowest
common denominator will then prevail which is pretty much what has
happened in America today.

You have no claim to your "holier than thou" attitude. You support
killing in the contexts where it fits your vision of what should be. You
have called for the destruction of Islamic people, the dropping of an
atomic weapon on France so that they would "wake up" (in your words). You
have shown strong support for the current war. Guess what Ed, innocent
Americans have died in that war by the thousands.

The Iraq War is one of the most moral wars ever entered into by the US.
Vietnam was another moral war. It is wars such as these that make me proud
to be an American.

You may reply with some arguement about numbers but if you really believe
that killing is wrong the one is too many and your arguement about the
comparitive number of deaths is a social one and not a moral one.

People die everyday for totally senseless reasons. I believe there may be
more Americans dying on the streets of Washington DC from criminal
activity then there are Americans dying in Iraq. Anyone who is dying in
the cause of war on behalf of the US is a hero and a saint. Wars are how
you rid the world of intractable evil - provided you win them of course.

I make sure I not only get the last word, but also the best word.

That is for others to judge. You can put your "best word" trophy right up
there next to your "most prolific poster" and "holier than Jeff Grippe"
trophies. You should go out and get a trophy case. You are accumulating
quite a list of accolades. I'm proud of you Ed.

Your liberalism condemns you. I encourage you to have a closer look at
conservatism and how it has functioned down through history. There is
something to be said even for the divine right of kings.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 5th 05, 09:29 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 02:01:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
Ahhh, that's the problem, your parent's decided aginst this when your
momma found out she was pregnant with. Explains it all. Too bad they
decided aginst trimming the gene pool.

Jim wants to get into this conversation on morality and who deserves it
and
who doesn't. From his above statement, I cannot figure out if he favors
abortion or if he is against it. Maybe he could clarify his position for
the
benefit of the group. We need to know.

You can tell an awful lot about a person depending on the issue of
abortion.
It goes to all other kinds of social and moral issues. For instance, those
who think abortion is OK also invariably think homosexuality is also OK.
Why
is that I wonder?

I never mentioned abortion. All I said is they should have castrated
your father before your conception. No abortion in play.

Perfectly muddled thinking from beginning to end. But if you are going to be
confused in your thinking, then it is indeed best to be totally confused.
That way everyone will know that you do not know what you are talking about.
Furthermore, he claims to have said something that he never said. See how
easy it is to dispose of a nut case like Jim (no last name of course -
typical of those who are cowards and hide behind user names).

Castration has nothing to do with abortion. It has to do with preventing
conception in the first place. Does Jim then favor castration as a method of
preventing abortions that would otherwise take place. But I am too weary to
explain these gross differences to some who should be in a psychiatric ward
at the state hospital.

Old September 5th 05, 09:36 AM
Tim

On 2005-09-03, Edward Dolan wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

[snip]
The issue isn't necessarily the spelling of the names of the
elements being "right" or "wrong" because that's how it's done in the
UK. The correct/ official spellings are aluminium and sulfur because the
International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) say so.

Maybe so, but in the end it will be how intelligent and educated Americans
say it and write it. IUPAC will have no more to say about it than does the
French Academy about how the French language is used.

Intelligent and educated Americans submitting papers to journals
seem to mainly be following the recieved international spelling. I've
little access to American textbooks but I understand that at University
level the IUPAC recomendations are followed.
--
Tim.

Old September 5th 05, 10:18 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
I quoted the whole thing because that seems to be important to you.

Top posting is all wrong. Quoting the whole thing is not important to me,
but posting the correct way is. That means bottom posting. Follow my example
if you would be correct.

As I said, your moral compass is poorly calibrated. You don't actually
have a system of principles to guide you in ethical behavior.

You say things like "There are certain human behaviors which ought to be
hidden away..." but we know nothing of what priciples determine which
behaviors you are talking about. You give examples and tell us that the
list is long but there is no clear way to understand what makes the list
and what doesn't. Don't even bother with terms like liberal and
conservative. They are far to broad in scope to actually be called "a
system of principles".

How about the taking of innocent human life which is what abortion does. How
about aberrant sexual behavior which is what promiscuity and homosexuality
is all about. But who needs a list except someone who has never received any
instruction in the elements of morality. All the traditional religions
(including Judaism) will give you very strong clues about what principals to
live by.

You ignore class issues and simply rely on "this is how things have always
been so it is perfectly ok if they remain that way". That may in fact be a
principle but I would hardly call it ethical.

You need to spend some time thinking about what your principles are and
then work from there and take stands on issues based on your principles.
You should also recognize the situations in which there might be some
ambiguity although I realize this is very difficult for you.

Traditional morality (mostly based on religion) solved all these problems
thousands of years ago. It is only those who want to do what they want to do
who ignore this traditional morality much to the detriment of the entire
society. If you were more conservative and less liberal, you would not so
easily fall into evil ways of thinking and doing.

I have no problem with the person who takes an anti-choice stand because
they have a principle which says that "human life is sacred" and that
abortion is the taking of human life. I don't happen to agree but I
completely understand the position. If that same person says that "human
life is scared" but then they support capital punishment, or they support
war, then I would say that they don't have a consistant set of moral
values. If it is possible to hold that human life is sacred but that the
intentional taking of human life is not always wrong, then you have no
basis upon which to take an anti-choice stand.

You have got it all backwards, but that is what liberals do all the time. It
is totally consistent to be against the taking of innocent life and to be
for the taking of guilty life. Normally, the guilty life has taken innocent
life. It is precisely because life is regarded as so precious (sacred) that
the guilty must be punished with the ultimate penalty. You take someone
else's life, you forfeit your own life. Elementary, my dear Watson!

Do you not realize that excellent arguments can be made for killing and
murder. The way you think about abortion is not very far removed from the
way many others think about getting rid of those who they would like to be
rid of. Justifications are far easier than most think. This is where
traditional religion comes in and saves us from our own follies. You become
a thorough going secularist at your peril. Morality is all about having deep
roots in history.

Old September 5th 05, 10:35 AM
Edward Dolan

On 2005-09-03, Edward Dolan wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

I am saying and writing aluminum and sulphur and, since I am a highly
educated and super intelligent American, I have no doubt that the entire
world (except dowdy old England) will end up in my corner - provided America
remains the super power that it presently is and that Britain will never
again be Great.

Old September 5th 05, 01:40 PM
Bob the Cow

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

How about the taking of innocent human life which is what abortion does.

Liberals must eliminate this distinction. "Innocent", if it is to have a
meaning, must imply the existence of "good" and of "evil". The concepts of
"good" and "evil" come uncomfortably close to being religious constructs,
and religion must at all costs be eliminated. As to morality, if someone
can do something, then that thing is OK.

So, there is no "guilt" and there is no "innocence" and there is no moral
difference between capital punishment and abortion.

Got that?

Old September 5th 05, 02:31 PM
Johnny ReBike

On 5-Sep-2005, "Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote:

I have no problem with the person who takes an anti-choice stand because
they have a principle which says that "human life is sacred" and that
abortion is the taking of human life. I don't happen to agree but I
completely understand the position. If that same person says that "human
life is scared"

^^^^^^^

Johnny ReBike is scared of going fast, that is why he rides the ReBike -
Slowest Bike in the Known Universe.

Johnny ReBike's heroes Ed "Lowracer" Gin, Johnny NoCom and Spidermonkey are
very brave and ride the NoCom - Fastest Stock Bike in the Known Universe.

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Old September 5th 05, 02:45 PM
Johnny ReBike

On 5-Sep-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

You can tell an awful lot about a person depending on the issue of
abortion.

Johnny ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known Universe] sez, Fast Monkey World
Champion Sean makes case for abortion of bike with huge chainring and sling
seat. http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisi...seancostin.htm

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe

Old September 5th 05, 02:48 PM
Johnny ReBike

On 5-Sep-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

But I am too weary to explain these gross differences to
some who should be in a psychiatric ward
at the state hospital.

Johnny ReBike [Slowest Bike in the Known Universe] sez, eddie dolan is
lonely in mental hospital and want company. Awwwww....

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe