Bike Lanes Speed Up Traffic...

Old November 27th 15, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Default Bike Lanes Speed Up Traffic...

'After years of collecting data, a new report from the city shows that
the opposite is true. On some streets redesigned with protected bike
lanes, travel times are actually faster....'
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3035580/new-york-citys-protected-bike-lanes-have-actually-sped-up-its-car-traffic
-- or -- http://tinyurl.com/msr9ace

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old November 27th 15, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 27 November 2015 10:16:03 UTC, John Smith wrote:
'After years of collecting data, a new report from the city shows that
the opposite is true. On some streets redesigned with protected bike
lanes, travel times are actually faster....'
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3035580/new-york-citys-protected-bike-lanes-have-actually-sped-up-its-car-traffic
-- or -- http://tinyurl.com/msr9ace

I even had my own bike lane on a motorway the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2BW...ature=youtu.be

Old November 27th 15, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 27/11/2015 10:25, Alycidon wrote:
On Friday, 27 November 2015 10:16:03 UTC, John Smith wrote:
'After years of collecting data, a new report from the city shows that
the opposite is true. On some streets redesigned with protected bike
lanes, travel times are actually faster....'
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3035580/new-york-citys-protected-bike-lanes-have-actually-sped-up-its-car-traffic
-- or -- http://tinyurl.com/msr9ace

I even had my own bike lane on a motorway the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2BW...ature=youtu.be

Hmm! an awful lot of members of the MLOC on that motorway.

--
Bod

---

Old November 30th 15, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:14:47 +0000, John Smith
wrote:

'After years of collecting data, a new report from the city shows that
the opposite is true. On some streets redesigned with protected bike
lanes, travel times are actually faster....'
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3035580/new-york-citys-protected-bike-lanes-have-actually-sped-up-its-car-traffic
-- or -- http://tinyurl.com/msr9ace

So take cyclists off the roads - and this speeds up car traffic.

Excellent - just what some have claimed for age.

Old November 30th 15, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:25:37 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

On Friday, 27 November 2015 10:16:03 UTC, John Smith wrote:
'After years of collecting data, a new report from the city shows that
the opposite is true. On some streets redesigned with protected bike
lanes, travel times are actually faster....'
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3035580/new-york-citys-protected-bike-lanes-have-actually-sped-up-its-car-traffic
-- or -- http://tinyurl.com/msr9ace

I even had my own bike lane on a motorway the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2BW...ature=youtu.be

I could have sworn you posted that previously.

Were you so ****ed that you have forgotten?