TdF Fans and Sponsors: Suckers Again

Old July 26th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Default TdF Fans and Sponsors: Suckers Again

Ryan Cousineau writes:

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

writes:

Looks like the door hit Rasmussen's ass instead of mine...like I said,
these guys are making suckers of you slavish fans. Wise up - the
sooner fans walk away the sooner this sport can die and be reborn.
Continued support is just going to prolong the misery.

You sure got that right

It's a waste of time watching a race where the winner of the previous
edition still remains to be declared

Since a race isn't sanctioned untill the results are declared, maybe
anybody who rode the 2006 will be suspended for riding an
unsanctioned event

Nobody with half a brain would want to be a bike racer these days with
all the ridiculous rules they have

Davey, Davey:

true fans don't watch for the result, they watch for the race itself. In
the end, the winner hardly matters, it is the race that matters.

Think about it: had Fignon ridden 8 seconds faster, it would have been
just as spectacular a race.

Well, yeas and naes here

8 seconds might not have given him the GC win - but 9 would for sure

At 8 he'd (Larry) have been ex aequo and subject to the Fractional
seconds and Finishing Position Rules - maybe a win, maybe not, I don't
know now

At this late date it really doesn't matter anyway

But the finishing order still would not have changed on the Final Stage
as Larry would still have been 17 seconds behind Thierry Marie who
was second on the day.

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
Old July 26th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marian

On Jul 26, 7:33 am, wrote:
On Jul 24, 5:20 pm, Bill C wrote:

On Jul 24, 2:02 pm, wrote:

Only way to end this farce is to walk away, and let the sport
completely rot and die.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Thanks
Bill C

An Olympic ban is the first step. Ban Cycling from Beijing and London.
See if it can clean up by 2016.

It will take more than words

Bill pal? Time for the head to come out of the sand.

Noooooo.... don't do that. If you do that I'll miss my chance at
being staff in the cycling office in 2008.

-M

Old July 26th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

anton2468 wrote:
An Olympic ban is the first step. Ban Cycling from Beijing and London.
See if it can clean up by 2016.

Dumbass,
Do you really think any cycling fan outside the US really gives a ****
about the olympics. Most of us will only be to happy to oblige and be
banned from the olympics so we can stick Bettini's gold helmet up Pounds
orifice.

Old July 26th 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Donald Munro writes:

anton2468 wrote:
An Olympic ban is the first step. Ban Cycling from Beijing and London.
See if it can clean up by 2016.

Dumbass,
Do you really think any cycling fan outside the US really gives a ****
about the olympics. Most of us will only be to happy to oblige and be
banned from the olympics so we can stick Bettini's gold helmet up Pounds
orifice.

Dicky Bird won't be around for the next Olympic Follies though

He's out of WADA come November this year

Although he's tipped for Chief Honcho at the CAS which position has
been vacant since the 82 year old Senegalese incumbent who has ruled
the court since its inception in 1984 snuffed it last January

Here come the Hanging Judge........

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
Old July 27th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Donald Munro wrote:
anton2468 wrote:
An Olympic ban is the first step. Ban Cycling from Beijing and London.
See if it can clean up by 2016.

Dumbass,
Do you really think any cycling fan outside the US really gives a ****
about the olympics.

Just about every track rider i europe does care.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.
Old July 27th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Just about every track rider i europe does care [about the Olympics].

Trackies are all closet roadies.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 27th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Just about every track rider i europe does care.

Perhaps if they brought back some of the good old fashioned 6 day events
as a replacement they might stop caring.

sponsors?? skrobo Unicycling 78 August 2nd 08 01:32 AM
sponsors?? trials_uni Unicycling 0 May 25th 06 01:04 AM
How to scare off your teams sponsors Mike Bruno Racing 11 August 7th 05 03:15 PM
...and now a word from our sponsors... Jet Racing 44 July 24th 05 09:55 AM
Sponsors? Richard Adams Racing 8 May 8th 04 01:43 PM