Michael J. Vandeman going to trial.

Old October 28th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

Default Michael J. Vandeman going to trial.

Mark your calendar.

Date
12/10/2010

Time
09:00 AM

Dept.
111

Proceeding
JURY TRIAL

Cue psychotic Edward Dolan, broken record rant.

Old October 28th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
y_p_w

Default Vandeman helps British Columbia business

On Oct 28, 12:04*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
Mark your calendar.

"Lynn Valley B&B encounters the wrath of Vandeman"
http://www.bclocalnews.com/community/105357658.html

The following is referencing a letter Vandeman wrote to a little known
bed & breakfast owner decrying his marketing towards mountain bike
riders.

**quote**
For a laugh, Knowles decided to forward the letter to a couple friends
at local mountain bike shops, and posted it to the blog on his
business’ website. On Oct. 3, the day before Vandeman’s letter
arrived, the Lynn Valley Bed and Breakfast website had four visits. On
Oct. 4, they had 552 hits. And on Oct. 5, 675. In total, their website
has received 3,300 hits from 54 countries.

“He hasn’t done his cause any good or bad, but he’s done my cause a
lot of good,” said Knowles.

“I offered him free accommodation as a thank you. I doubt he’ll take
me up on it but the offer stands.”
**unquote**
Old October 28th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment

On Oct 28, 4:01*pm, y_p_w wrote:
[...]

Someone should inform Mikey of the Law of Unintended Consequences.
Old October 28th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
T. Keating

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:01:59 -0700 (PDT), y_p_w
wrote:

[...]

Vandeman probably won't take up that offer if Canadian customs is
doing their job..

from...
http://www.wikihow.com/Travel-to-Can...-Felony-Charge

"Do your research beforehand. Despite some internet information out
there, a criminal conviction does not automatically bar you from
entry; however, it can make it very difficult. Canada requires that
all persons convicted apply for rehabilitation before entry.
Rehabilitation considers that five years have passed since probation
or parole sentences have finished or since an incident for which you
were not charged (but may still be on your record)."

"Be prepared to pay.
In order to file for Rehabilitation certification, Canada can impose
an application fee from $200 to over $1,000. The amount you will pay
is tied into the seriousness of your conviction."

Given Mike was age 67 when recently arrested, plus he must serve
whatever sentence his is given, tack on another five years, plus
another year for processing.. He'll be well into his seventies before
he can clear Canadian customs.

Old October 29th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"y_p_w" wrote in message
[...]

A bed and breakfast that caters to mountain bikers is beneath contempt. It
is difficult to say what the ultimate good or bad is of a message that is
communicated to 3,300 souls, even if most of them are slobs. Mr. Vandeman
has accomplished exactly what he wished to accomplish, which is to get his
message as widely disseminated as possible. Many mountain bikers have no
idea how the rest of the world regards them. Now they do.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 29th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"T. Keating" wrote in message
news [...]
[...]

Mr. Vandeman would not be caught dead in BC. It is the land of slob mountain
bikers. But Canadians are slobs overall. Americans are slobs too of course,
but Canadian slobs are in a class of their own. As bad as the situation is
in BC, there are some few brave souls there fighting the good fight. One of
them is worth a thousand of the others.

Every time a mountain biker kills himself doing his thing, I rejoice - one
less slob in the world. I say ****'em all!

Old October 29th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
"y_p_w" wrote in message
[...]

It doesn't matter what you think, Ed.

The B&B that was the target of Vandeman's misplaced outrage has seen an
increase in interest from 4 visitors to over 3,000 visitors. Surely some of
those have booked stays, which is good for the business involved. YOU won't
be placing your reservations anytime soon because you despise anything that
remotely resembles fun, but clearly the masses are reacting with enthusiasm.

I'm certain that Vandeman did not wish to increase the patronage of the
establishment, therefore by any measure, his message is a dud from his
perspective. Mike's message served to ATTRACT visitors, clearly the
anti-message he intended.

Old October 29th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
A bed and breakfast that caters to mountain bikers is beneath contempt.
It is difficult to say what the ultimate good or bad is of a message that
is communicated to 3,300 souls, even if most of them are slobs. Mr.
Vandeman has accomplished exactly what he wished to accomplish, which is
to get his message as widely disseminated as possible. Many mountain
bikers have no idea how the rest of the world regards them. Now they do.

It doesn't matter what you think, Ed.

The B&B that was the target of Vandeman's misplaced outrage has seen an
increase in interest from 4 visitors to over 3,000 visitors. Surely some
of those have booked stays, which is good for the business involved. YOU
won't be placing your reservations anytime soon because you despise
anything that remotely resembles fun, but clearly the masses are reacting
with enthusiasm.

Fun is for kids. Grow up why don't you!

I'm certain that Vandeman did not wish to increase the patronage of the
establishment, therefore by any measure, his message is a dud from his
perspective. Mike's message served to ATTRACT visitors, clearly the
anti-message he intended.

Mr. Vandeman does not give a damn about the establishment. All he cares
about is getting his message to as wide an audience as possible. The
business owner played right into his hands. At least an additional 3000
persons, some of whom are slobs no doubt, now know that mountain biking is a
despised activity only engaged in by asshole-idiots.

Old October 29th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 10/28/2010 2:04 PM, Bill Weir wrote:
Mark your calendar.

Date
12/10/2010

Time
09:00 AM

Dept.
111

Proceeding
JURY TRIAL
[...]

Is Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman's Usenet posting history admissible evidence
as to intent?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old October 29th 10, 08:19 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
[...]
Is Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman's Usenet posting history admissible evidence as
to intent?

Nothing on Usenet is admissible to anyone who has any brains. Usenet is the
province of asshole-idiots like you and me.

Be thankful no one takes Usenet seriously or else you might be getting a
visit from the Mossad. As it is, you just have me around to kick your dumb
ass.