Live coverage SundaY?

Old July 12th 03, 11:36 PM
Mac

Default Live coverage SundaY?

Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again? Oh Sweet
Jesus, no. Please no.

- Mac
Old July 13th 03, 12:16 AM
Fred Marx

Mac wrote:

Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again? Oh Sweet
Jesus, no. Please no.

- Mac

yep CBS spurtz sunday... sorry.

Old July 13th 03, 12:30 AM
Dominic Richens

Just a Cyclist wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again?

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to
match Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN Canada starts their coverage of the L'Alp D'Huez stage at 10:30 am

--
Dominic Richens |
"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Old July 13th 03, 01:23 AM
MikeYankee

Sure it sucks, but CBS Sports Sunday is my only chance to watch the TDF. Our
cable operator does not and will not offer OLN. Lots of people are in this
boat.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers.
To reply, delete everything after "com".)
Old July 13th 03, 02:10 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Dominic Richens" wrote:

Just a Cyclist wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again?

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to
match Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN Canada starts their coverage of the L'Alp D'Huez stage at 10:30 am

Canada rules!

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old July 13th 03, 03:32 AM
Dominic Richens

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
"Dominic Richens" wrote:

Just a Cyclist wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing
an 8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again?

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to
match Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN Canada starts their coverage of the L'Alp D'Huez stage at 10:30
am

Canada rules!

No, wait, we suck. It's a typo on the OLN site. My TV Guide shows it on a
10:30pm. There some @#$! fishing show on at 10:30 am.

Old July 13th 03, 03:42 AM
Marlene Blanshay

In article , "Just a Cyclist"
wrote:

"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again? Oh Sweet
Jesus, no. Please no.

- Mac

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to match
Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN is showing the stage at 10:30pm. I even called them and asked!

If you live in Montreal, you can see it at 9 am on Canal Evasion.

I'll be out on my bike anyways, got the VCR set.
Old July 13th 03, 04:40 AM
Joe Hurley

Schedule per OLN Canada's web site for Sunday, July 13, 2003:

10:00 AM RIDE GUIDE (MTN.) 2003 - 83
10:30 AM BOWFLEX - Infomercial
11:00 AM SPORTFISHING WITH TONY RUTLEDGE ~ 3-12
11:30 AM CALGARY STAMPEDE 2003
2:00 PM ALTERNATE ROUTES S.2: Brugge

Somehow I fail to see Tour de France up there....

Joe Hurley

"Dominic Richens" wrote in message
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
"Dominic Richens" wrote:

Just a Cyclist wrote:
om...

Old July 13th 03, 04:44 AM
Joe Hurley

Mac,

I agree with your disgust that OLN is not going to have live coverage
tomorrow.

In lieu of complaining about same, may I suggest pointing your browser to
www.eurosport.com. No pictures, but you can listen live to the English
language European broadcast of the tour. This is what I do each day at work
during the week, and it is an acceptable substitute.

Hopefully someday, after Lance keeps winning the tour, we'll get coverage
equivalent to what is in Europe -- live wire to wire tv coverage. Till
then, let's be happy we have what we have. Remember as recently as 4 years
ago, there was no live coverage in the US.

Regards,

Joe
om...

Old July 13th 03, 06:21 AM
Ken Papai

"Dominic Richens" wrote in message
Just a Cyclist wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
om...
Where is the live TeeVee coverage of Sunday's race? OLN only doing an
8 PM EST broadcast. Hello? Do I have to watch ABC again?

Yeah, the biggest day of the TDF.........and American TV tries to
match Canadian TV...........and Canadian TV sucks on big one........
What the **** are they thinking????????//////

OLN Canada starts their coverage of the L'Alp D'Huez stage at 10:30 am

All of Canada is one time zone or what?