Are you 45+

Old October 8th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stevea

Default Are you 45+

I was going to call this thread "-Are you 50+-”, but I thought it might
be too lonely. Hey, there are threads for other ages, how about us more
experienced at living? And the youngings (he-he) should know about us.

I am 50 and started riding three months ago (well, I was a level one
rider when I was 12 years old). I am hooked on the one-wheel and have
almost completed level three (except for that stomach-on-the-seat
drill). I can jump mount, suicide mount, ride down a few stairs
(one-at-a-time), hop down a bunch of stairs (okay, also one-at-a-time).
I am working on idling (which, at least for me, is more difficult than
learning how to ride) and SIF (still a long way off). I have been
lurking on this forum several times a week all summer (you folks, and
youtube, taught me how to ride--thanks).

I live in Utah which is epic for my other hobbies: rock climbing,
telemark skiing, and snowboarding.

I started with a no-name 20” freestyle at the beginning of the summer,
bought a Torker 20” DX a few weeks later, and just received my KH 24”
from aebike.com three days ago (call them for prices).

How about you other riders with 45+ years of life experience?

--
stevea
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

stevea wrote:
[...]

I'm 45+6..almost 7! 52 january 15th. If you haven' seen any yet, here's
a couple of my vids--one Muni, the other inland stuff. Us old farts
still have some spark left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RdIgewK2mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCgD5htd_-0

That's 2 of about 80 I've made in the last year or so.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stevea

MuniAddict wrote:
I'm 45+6..almost 7! 52 january 15th. If you haven' seen any yet, here's
a couple of my vids...

snip

Yeah you old geez, I've seen a bunch of your vids. They've been
motivational. I saw a post asking about older riders (I can't seem to
locate the thread now) and the reply was something like, "there is this
one guy who claims to be older than 50" (and it pointed to one of your
videos). Thanks for the motivation.

--
stevea
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

stevea wrote:
Yeah you old geez, I've seen a bunch of your vids. They've been
motivational. I saw a post asking about older riders (I can't seem to
locate the thread now) and the reply was something like, "there is this
one guy who claims to be older than 50" (and it pointed to one of your
videos). Thanks for the motivation.

haha, "claims to be" that's gold! (I've actually been lying all along
I'm really only 37!) Well Steve it's great to know there are other
50+ riders out there pushing their limits! Keep up the good work!

Old October 8th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

I am turning 59 this wednesday
'yesterday as we entered a MTB event'
(http://hiboox.com/lang-fr/image.php?img=m2srbr8t.jpg#) (I'm the one on
the right)
still one year to go as "sexy" ... afterwards I will be "sexa"

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onebyone

Yep, 55. I can't ride like a kid but who cares. FUN is the name of the
game.

--
onebyone

Bill Blogs is an alien!
www.municycle.com.au
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jeffrollins

Hey, I am also a Salt Lake City guy. I am 45+ (47). I bought my first
uni 2 weeks ago and trying to learn it. I am so new to these, that
this is the first unicycle I have ever touched!!! I bought a 24" but
found someone with a 20" they will let me learn on. Soooo for a while
it is practice, practice and oh yeh, practice. Jeff

--
jeffrollins
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

There is a rather substantial group of us "mature" riders around here.
Unicycling really gets in your blood. Welcome to your new life.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

I feel like the kid in the crowd.

At 45 I'm still quite active, play hockey with 20+ year old not
seniors, play baseball and hang glide. Have 2 young children 5 and 10.

My unicycling skills still match the beginner category. But I can turn,
hop, and go a fair distance. If I had other riders in my area perhaps
my skills would improve. For now its self taught and self motivation to
expand my skills.

Hello all !!!

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 8th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Cynbad

I'm 45. Unicycled around the house as a kid unil about 15. Just bought a
KH24 a couple of months ago. I ride trails and love it. Wish I could do
some hopping tricks, but am afraid of hurting my allready damaged
ankles. Also wanting the new Coker when it finally comes
out........still waiting! My first passion is kiteboarding, big air,
freestyle, and waveriding. i bought my fiance a LX 20", but it just
sits in the garage. He is 54 and just doesn't have the drive to want to
learn.

|Filename: Attila one wheel.JPG |

Cynbad
http://www.usenet.com