Pros+Cons of Companies

Old December 2nd 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Default Pros+Cons of Companies

I thought that it would be cool to have a thread explaining what you
like and don't like about certain unicycle companies.

For example...

What do people like in Kris Holm unicycles? Nimbus? Koxx?

I think this will really help people who are interested in purchasing
new components for their unicycles or even whole unicycles.

I'll start:

Nimbus
Pros: High quality (durable), lightweight, cheap, upgradeable
Cons: Some could argue quality, but I find nothing wrong with these
unicycles.

KH
Pros: lightweight, very durable, comfort, upgradeable
Cons: Cost

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 2nd 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ktkartch

I personally really like KH because:

1. I really like the design of the frame compared to the nimbus and
quax. I don't like the point things on them.

2. Lightweight and usable for any type of riding.

3. Feel good!!!

--
ktkartch
Old December 2nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jkohse

I think nimbus is going to have a big future with unicycling ( even
though its great right now).

i feel KH has a better reputation because you know whos behind the
products.

I really do like the nimbus unis though, they're not terrible at all i
think that they're just a little behind the curve thats all ( but
they're catching up )

--
Jkohse

www.justinkohse.com

www.municycle.ca
Old December 2nd 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Does Nimbus have a website?

Old December 2nd 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

Udc

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old December 2nd 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

hungry4uni;1141893 wrote:
Does Nimbus have a website?

Yes, Unicycle.com. I'm not 100% sure of the story, but I believe the
Nimbus name comes from Roger Davies, and he uses it on many of the
products he's designed for UDC. Others bear the UDC name.

Company: Schwinn
Pros: Classic unicycles, awesome giraffe unicycle from 1977-83
excellent name-recognition among new riders who grew up with the Schwinn
brand
Cons: No more giraffes, design is very outdated

Company: Miyata
Pros: Excellent Freestyle unicycles
Cons: Difficult/expensive to get in the US, company only seems
interested in the Freestyle/general riding market

Company: Coker
Pros: Invented the Coker (which means "created" the 36" unicycle
market)!
Cons: New Cokers can't be all things to all people, but fill some
niches just fine

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old December 2nd 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Custom Uni:

Pro: It's what you want

Cons: None.

--
Emile.m

Team UDC Canada
visit www.municycle.ca

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y (hum, 07/08 winter footage
only)
Old December 2nd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

So really we are just talking about the pros and cons of unicycle
brands, and not the company, yeah?

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old December 2nd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
IsaacSteiner

_KRIS_HOLM_

Pros:

Light - Strong - Built well - Good warrenty

Cons:

Price (kind of pricey) - Frame issues (older models (05,06,07))

That's all I can think of.

-Isaac

--
IsaacSteiner

*my sponsors:*

*
'Bedford Unicycles' (www.bedfordunicycles.ca)

'Unicycle.tv' (www.unicycle.tv)*
Old December 3rd 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Jerrick;1141905 wrote:
So really we are just talking about the pros and cons of unicycle
brands, and not the company, yeah?

Yeah, I knew company wasn't the right word, but I couldn't remember the
other word

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

Odd Hub Design (Pros vs. Cons?) adjuggler Unicycling 25 November 19th 08 05:10 PM
TUFO Tires - Pros & Cons ??? Maple Tree Racing 27 June 10th 08 10:27 AM
TUFO Tires - Pros & Cons ??? Maple Tree Techniques 41 June 10th 08 10:27 AM
Pros and cons of XTR Friday Australia 30 October 15th 06 03:29 PM
Pros and Cons of Medal Pedals tylercox Unicycling 9 April 10th 04 03:17 AM