Has anyone seen the new 2nd edition of "Recumbent Bicycle"? Like it?

Old April 21st 04, 02:42 AM
jmm

Default Has anyone seen the new 2nd edition of "Recumbent Bicycle"? Like it?

Has anyone here seen the new 2nd edition that I released a fe
months ago

Yes, I have it and I like it a lot

I also have the new April 2004 3rd edition of "Bicycling Science", an
like it too

I think I dreamed that I had an up to date 4th edition of "the Bicycl
Wheel", by Jobst Brandt, oh well..

Joh

-

Old April 28th 04, 02:07 AM
Dom

Jeff. I did have a question. On page 72 bottom paragraph on the left
he refers to a "chopping action" when pedaling. Do you know how this
is done? Is there a special technique? Thanks.

Jeff Potter wrote in message ...
There's only one book all about recumbents: "The Recumbent Bicycle" by
Gunnar Fehlau.

Has anyone here seen the new 2nd edition that I released a few months
ago?

I'd think there'd be some buzz about it, being a fully revised and
updated edition of, well, the only general coverage recumbent book.

Anyone interested in the only recumbent book?

Some angles that immediately pop to mind about such a newsworthy event:

Does it seem reasonably up to date?

Is text flow better than before? ---It's an English translation from a
German original. The new edition shouldn't have hardly any German-glish
left in it.

Oh I know a good question anyone interested in books might have: Is it
lacking something significant that a general book should have?

I already have my own list of major things to improve with the next
printing. Can anyone guess what they are? There's 2 or 3 right off the
bat.

***

I'm finally getting inventory out to the recumbent specialty shops
nationwide (and in Canada and UK) these past couple weeks. It's
springtime and time for bikes!

Anyone know of a good bike shop that offers bents that I should be sure
to call?

I also plan to let the library market know all about it. Anyone who
cares about kids probably has a sense of how kids might react to
discovering the world of recumbents. Bike innovations are probably a
pretty popular library book topic in general.

I'm also producing a recumbent poster. As I've been speaking with bike
shops I get the impression that there aren't other recumbent posters out
there this year and that there haven't been many before in general. One
in the last couple years maybe, and maybe 2 others before that. (Burley,
Rans, Vision?) I'm thinking that a poster that does what it can to
promote recumbenteering in general is a good way to go. Maybe this would
help shops and also be good to put up in workshops or in windtrainer
rooms.

***

Well, thanks for your thoughts about this major recumbent culture event!