About Trek liquids

Old August 17th 04, 01:24 AM
Dan Volker

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message

I bought 2 Trek Liquid 25's back around last Christmas, one for myself

and
one for my girlfriend. When I bought my Liquid, I was weighing 237

pounds,
and needed the 5 inch full suspension to make very rooty trails more
comfortable to ride---

HAHAHAHA

I believe a rider over 200 pounds "needs" more travel
than a 145 pound rider, due to the greater inertial mass.

Can you say "fallacy"? Nobody *needs* travel, except goobers who are
conned by the marketing creeps.

In any event, the
Trek Liquid worked perfectly for me, and handled plenty of abuse.

Yeah, we've seen how "abusive" your trails are. What a laugh...again.

snip more non-expert opinion

As to high speed descending, I have been riding this bike in Florida

snip laughable claims/terrain

Tell us all, Vo2lker, how does one descend a molehill? What's the
high point in Fla?

I'll have it in the North Carolina area soon, where I can ride on some

real
mountain sized downhills, but for now I feel confident in saying the

Liquid
is a good bike.

A glowing review from someone who doesn't know jack shiite, except the
sad little world of Fla "mountain biking". What a joke.

JD

JD,
The joke is that a wimpy stick man like you can have such a big mouth on
Usenet, and get away with it--even gain fame from it. In real life you'd be
toothless and in the hospital all the time if you talked the same way.
Count your blessings that your "circle jerk" friends on AMB will support
your nonsense, and that the Internet allows people like you to act like a
bad ass ( while on the Internet).

Dan V

Old August 17th 04, 03:14 AM
Stephen Baker

engamarus says:

I'm more worried about uphills behaviour, than downhills, as I think you
always have to suffer in uphills, and have fun in downhills. I'd prefer
less suffer than more fun . But obviously, I need more fun than a
downhill with a hardtail.

If you have to buy a full sus to have more "fun" than a hardtail or even
(gasp!) a rigid bike, then you must be confusing speed with skill.

Steve
Old August 17th 04, 04:56 AM
Slacker

On 17 Aug 2004 02:14:19 GMT, Stephen Baker =

wrote:

engamarus says:

I'm more worried about uphills behaviour, than downhills, as I think =

you
always have to suffer in uphills, and have fun in downhills. I'd pref=

er
less suffer than more fun . But obviously, I need more fun than a
downhill with a hardtail.

If you have to buy a full sus to have more "fun" than a hardtail or ev=

en
(gasp!) a rigid bike, then you must be confusing speed with skill.

Steve

What do you know... you're just a working stiff!!
-- =

Slacker
Old August 17th 04, 07:15 AM
JD

"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message news:
The joke is that a wimpy stick man like you can have such a big mouth on
Usenet, and get away with it--even gain fame from it.

You just don't get it, do you? Where were you on July 15th? I was in
Lake City, waiting to get my ass kicked by some flatlander. As for
your childlike namecalling, I am rubber and you are glue. It bounces
off of me and sticks to you. Third grade terms like that *must* be
more understandable to you.

In real life you'd be toothless and in the hospital all the time if you
talked the same way.

There's a certain amount of irony there, on many different levels. I
speak my mind whenever and wherever I please. Those who know me, know
this to be true and no amount of posturing accusation you could ever
muster will ever change that. Also, rest assured that I have not ever
been hospitalized as an assault victim.

Count your blessings that your "circle jerk" friends on AMB will support
your nonsense, and that the Internet allows people like you to act like a
bad ass ( while on the Internet).

You are really lost, do you know that? What's funny is that my real
(do you even know the meaning of real?) friends on am-b know they
don't need to "suppport" anything I may write. They may get a
chuckle, or even think I went overboard, but know that I can take care
of my own business. BTW, Uncle Sam does make real badasses, but those
of your ilk wouldn't know anything about that.

JD
Old August 17th 04, 07:37 AM
cc

"JD" wrote in message
m...
"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message news:

snip rant

BTW, Uncle Sam does make real badasses, but those of your ilk wouldn't

know anything about that.

JD, you are truly ridiculous, as is this comment.

cc

Old August 17th 04, 12:18 PM
Stephen Baker

Slacker says:

What do you know... you're just a working stiff!!

Heh heh! I know how to have fun... ;-)

Steve
Old August 17th 04, 03:21 PM
Dan Volker

"JD" wrote in message
m...
"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message news:
The joke is that a wimpy stick man like you can have such a big mouth on
Usenet, and get away with it--even gain fame from it.

In real life you'd be toothless and in the hospital all the time if you
talked the same way.

There's a certain amount of irony there, on many different levels. I
speak my mind whenever and wherever I please. Those who know me, know
this to be true and no amount of posturing accusation you could ever
muster will ever change that. Also, rest assured that I have not ever
been hospitalized as an assault victim.

Which just goes to prove you've always been a "big fish" in a small pond. I
can see you as the tough guy in the chess club while in high school, a kid
who carefully planned to stay away from the football team or other more
physical types. Or maybe you were the "big dog" in the AV club.

In college, I can see you avoiding contact with the "contact sports"
personalities like football players, wrestlers, and other big guys, and
hanging out with the drama club or some other group of "posers" where you
could safely say what ever came in to your head, without fear of any of
them pinning you up against the wall, or dipping your head in the toilet.
From seeing your pictures, a guy like you would have been "toilet dipping"
on a regular basis, if you weren't careful to avoid contact with the bigger
athletes ( none of which talked as aggressively, as you do now on usenet).

Its clear to see this behavior is still carefully planned by you, as your
outlets for big talking and chest puffing are Internet Chat rooms and Usenet
equivalents. Maybe when you fearlessly venture out of your home, and have
food or drinks in the local Dunkin Doughnuts, Starbucks, or TGI Fridays ,
you can get away with big talk amongst dougnut eaters, yuppie wimps,
attorneys and other posers, but your survival depends on your careful
avoidance of the bigger, more physical types who "could talk like you, but
would not". People who actually are physical, instead of just acting it,
don't say things that would obviously provoke physical confrontation, unless
they really wanted a physical confrontation, and wanted to kick someone's
ass. And since doing this often, would get this kind of person in trouble
with the law on a regular basis, they end up learning NOT to talk like this,
except on rare occaisions when it is really called for. You don't resemble
this in any way. You resemble the poser in the Internet Chat room. How you
ride your mountain bike is irrelavant. There are plenty of wimps and chess
club types who ride bikes well--hell, back in highschool, the guys who made
cycling their primary sport, were the guys to wimpy to go out for football
or any other contact sport. Now that we are out of college and in the real
world, contact sports are largely unavailable, and impractical, so sports
like cycling will prevail , even in the realm of the larger, physical
athletes who would have dipped your head in the toilet in high school or
college.

Reading the bull**** posts and boasts that keep coming out of your mouth,
about how you would be talking tough regardless of where you are , just
makes me wish you had attended USF back when I did---there would have been
multiple toilets with your name on them :-)

Dan V

Old August 17th 04, 04:59 PM
gabrielle

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:45:48 -0700, JD wrote:

"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message ...

I believe a rider over 200 pounds "needs" more travel
than a 145 pound rider, due to the greater inertial mass.

Can you say "fallacy"? Nobody *needs* travel, except goobers who are
conned by the marketing creeps.

No, no, it makes sense. It's obvious that the need for travel goes to
zero when the rider is 125 lbs.

gabrielle, "team HT/team rigid"
Old August 17th 04, 05:49 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-08-17, Dan Volker penned:

Reading the bull**** posts and boasts that keep coming out of your mouth,
about how you would be talking tough regardless of where you are , just
makes me wish you had attended USF back when I did---there would have been
multiple toilets with your name on them :-)

Cool it, Dan. Yes, JD picks on you, but you're sounding mighty immature there
yourself. No one respects the dude who tries to drag an online conflict into
a real life fight, or worse yet, crows about the outcome of a fight that
hasn't a chance of every actually transpiring. You're making an awful lot of
assumptions, apparently based on a picture, and looks can be deceiving. I had
friends in high school who made a point of looking harmless so that when they
took their would-be tormentors out, the bullies had no idea what hit 'em.

You, on the other hand, are losing points in the "sympathy" category by
bragging about swirlies you gave in college. Jesus, that's pathetic enough in
high school, let alone college.

Do us all a favor and killfile JD if he's so objectionable. You're not
winning any friends with your current angle.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old August 17th 04, 06:07 PM
S o r n i

On 2004-08-17, Dan Volker penned:

Reading the bull**** posts and boasts that keep coming out of your
mouth, about how you would be talking tough regardless of where you
are , just makes me wish you had attended USF back when I
did---there would have been multiple toilets with your name on them
:-)

Cool it, Dan. Yes, JD picks on you, but you're sounding mighty
immature there yourself. No one respects the dude who tries to drag
an online conflict into a real life fight, or worse yet, crows about
the outcome of a fight that hasn't a chance of every actually
transpiring. You're making an awful lot of assumptions, apparently
based on a picture, and looks can be deceiving. I had friends in
high school who made a point of looking harmless so that when they
took their would-be tormentors out, the bullies had no idea what hit
'em.

You, on the other hand, are losing points in the "sympathy" category
by bragging about swirlies you gave in college. Jesus, that's
pathetic enough in high school, let alone college.

Do us all a favor and killfile JD if he's so objectionable. You're
not winning any friends with your current angle.

Gee, I don't know, M -- ol' Dan summed up JD pretty well the A stick man
who hung out with the Chess Club nerds! Sounds about right!

Bill "then he found Jack LaLane though..." S.