FS: fancy 57cm Darrell McCulloch built frameset

Old January 26th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Doug Van Cleve

Default FS: fancy 57cm Darrell McCulloch built frameset

Howdy folks.

I would like to sell my very fancy Darrell McCulloch built frameset
(http://www.llewellynbikes.com/). I bought it in the summer of last
year, but the seller didn't measure it very accurately and it is really
about 1cm too big in every direction. I was going to give it a go
anyway, but I have pretty much no standover clearance and could use the
parts on another bike. It has all polished stainless steel lugs
including the BB shell and is made of high end Dedacciai tubing (not
sure what though). I was told that Dazza built it for Peter Teschner
to use as a display item for Interbike 2002. It has been at least
partially built up, but I don't think ridden as the only chips on it (3
total) appear to be storage type. The only think a bit funky about it
is that the steerer as I received it was too short for the stem I
wanted to use, even with no spacers. After exploring several options,
I had Chris Zanotti of Mint Cycles (http://www.mintcycles.com/) extend
the steerer using a technique he learned while working with Bernie
Mikkelsen.
Between the two of them it has been done hundreds of times with no
mishaps. It fits 26mm Michelin Pro Races with plenty of clearance.
Here are some
pictures:http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dvancleve/album/576460762385745704.
Price is $800 including FedEx ground shipping in the continental U.S.

Thanks for looking,
Doug