Video - Des at December unimeet

Old December 15th 03, 12:22 AM
unicus

Default Video - Des at December unimeet

Just a short video of Des hopping over some blocks at the December
unimeet. Not sure how high it was as we didn't have a tape measure but
it was six blocks in the end (Steve could you measure one).

I've put it in the gallery (it is DivX encoded BTW)

www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albut10

Cheers, Gary.

--
unicus

Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old December 15th 03, 08:38 PM
steve.colligan

Hi Gary,

Each piece is 4 1/2", so that comes to a massive 27". I was certainly
impressed. See you at the next meet.

Steve

--
steve.colligan
steve.colligan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/292

Old December 15th 03, 08:47 PM
unicycleboy

lol i just have to say seat out side hop sucks when you start trials
lol, I find rolling hops the best for height but not for control

Who is the rider anyway?

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old December 18th 03, 10:25 PM
unicycleboy

Tips,

Learn Long Jump. I found that the best way to learn rolling hops.

Old December 18th 03, 10:38 PM
joe

Hey Des, thats cool!

Very impressed!

I can jump 25" , but only with the saddle in. My saddle out sucks, and
it kills my fingers as I have the carbon fibre base

I will have to get practing - cant have Des jumping higher than me at my
house!!!!! hehehe

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

www.cool.unicyclist.com
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old December 19th 03, 02:17 AM
pete66

How do you get the pedals in the right position when you're doing
rolling hops? Or do you just jump regardless of where the pedals happen
to be? My only way is to ride along parallel with whatever I want to
jump over and then turn towards it at just the right moment.

--
pete66 - Verging on Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old December 19th 03, 12:22 PM
joe

pete66 wrote:
*How do you get the pedals in the right position when you're doing
rolling hops? Or do you just jump regardless of where the pedals
happen to be? My only way is to ride along parallel with whatever I
want to jump over and then turn towards it at just the right moment. *

Sometimes you can just ride up to something and jump (you get a
'feeling' that is going to work - and most of the time it does!).

Othe times, I ride up to were i am going to jump from... get my pedals
in the correct possition to jump with, and then ride backwards untill i
can get enough speed... then just go for it!

I'm not sure what other people do (as these are the parts that are left
of out videos - you just see the jump, not the prep)

Joe,

Old December 19th 03, 02:07 PM
phil

I use trial(s)-and-error... start from a gap in the pavement or a twig
or something and go for it. If your pedals end up in the right place
then jump; if not, look how far out they are, go back to where you
started with the right adjustment, and try again. Tada!

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old December 20th 03, 10:32 AM
deadlydes

regarding getting pedals in the right position.
i do as joe does, you either FEEL it as you ride up to an obstical or
before you attempt it u ride up it, get your pedals in the right
position, ride backwards, then go for it.

And looking forward to seeing you in just over a week joe (keep up the
hopping practise!LOL). and work those forearm mussles for climbing too!

--
deadlydes - Skilled Unicyclist
deadlydes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4345