Rogue mountain bike?

Old June 12th 05, 09:11 PM

Default Rogue mountain bike?

I just recently picked up a mountain bike to try and get back into
shape and I couldn't pass this one up. It's been a while since I rode
and I bought this one only because of the price.($499) It came equipt
with Hayes hydrolic disc brakes, Judy Rock shocks and Deore components
but I am very unfamiliar with the brand of frame. Its a starter bike
so for the price I imagined it would be ok for now. hmm...maybe its
Rougue...either way comments please other then me not knowing what
frame I bought.

Old June 12th 05, 09:27 PM

Ride,ride,ride and ride it somemore.

Old June 13th 05, 06:12 AM
Slack

Bill Sornson wrote:

Slack wrote (fixing Cluebie's top-posting):

wrote:

tcmedara wrote:

wrote:

I just recently picked up a mountain bike to try and get back into
shape and I couldn't pass this one up. It's been a while since I
rode and I bought this one only because of the price.($499) It
came equipt with Hayes hydrolic disc brakes, Judy Rock shocks and
Deore components but I am very unfamiliar with the brand of frame.
Its a starter bike so for the price I imagined it would be ok for
now. hmm...maybe its Rougue...either way comments please other
then me not knowing what frame I bought.

What sort of comments are you looking for, post-purchase
validation? Do you want us to tell you it's a piece of ****? You
bought it, so there must be something you like about it. Go ride
it and then come back and tell US what you think.

Tom

wrote:

Tom, quit being an ass. I never heard of the brand and maybe
someone with a little more class can give me more information on it.
If it is a piece of crap so be it but don't come here trying to be a
big shot with your smart ass reply. Are most people from this group
this way?

Yes, in fact, we are.

We are, in fact, /Rogue/ Mountain Bikers!

Bill "rarely spends $500 without knowing /something/ about the item (stock
picks excepted, of course)" S.

Ughhh, I can't believe I missed that one!
--
Slack - correction the 2nd smartest ass here
Old June 13th 05, 12:23 PM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

wrote:

Tom, quit being an ass. I never heard of the brand and maybe
someone with a little more class can give me more information on it.
If it is a piece of crap so be it but don't come here trying to be a
big shot with your smart ass reply. Are most people from this group
this way?

Yes, in fact, we are.

We are, in fact, /Rogue/ Mountain Bikers!

Bill "rarely spends $500 without knowing /something/ about the item
(stock picks excepted, of course)" S.

Ughhh, I can't believe I missed that one!
--
Slack - correction the 2nd smartest ass here

Now that we know who has the smartest ass, who's got the prettiest?

/goat.se pics not eligable/

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old June 13th 05, 02:38 PM
dabac

Wrote:
It's been a while since I rode
and I bought this one only because of the price.($499) It came equipt
with Hayes hydrolic disc brakes, Judy Rock shocks and Deore components
but I am very unfamiliar with the brand of frame. Its a starter bike
so for the price I imagined it would be ok for now. ...either way
comments please ....

Deore is usually OK. Keep them clean and lubed, try not to change gears
while you're out of the saddle and they shouldn't give you any trouble.

Hayes are also OK. Maybe not considered to be stellar innovators, but
it's rare to see people complaining about their build quality for
instance.

Rock Shocks Judy is fairly basic as far as forks goes, but still it's
more probable that you grow tired of it before it breaks for you.

In terms of equipment it sounds like a quite solid starter bike.
IMO opinion the things to watch out for on with something like this is
assembly quality and weight. With a components list like that there are
only a few places left where the supplier can get his gains margin, and
that is quite likely to be on assembly and weight issues. Wheels might
be sloppily strung up, the frame might be far heavier than needed, and
all other bits and pieces (stem, post, saddle etc) might be chosen for
their price rather than anything else. Still, its rare to see bikes in
that price range that actually falls apart, so I wouldn't be too
concerned about riding it.

--
dabac