Inner tube size on a 700c?

Old August 2nd 05, 10:13 PM
heavy metal unicycling

Default Inner tube size on a 700c?

Hey everyone, I am ordering parts for my first distance uni soon, and I
need to know what the second number in the messurments mean. The only
tubes I have ever got are 24 and 20 inch. What size innertube would you
guys recamend for the Big Apple? Thoughts appreciated.

--
heavy metal unicycling - Loveland Unicycling Club

People who throw stones at you are quietly saying, "shoot me," they're
just not being verbally expressive enough.
-harper

The Big Picture-
The entire population of the world, with one minor exception, is
composed of others.
heavy metal unicycling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9857

Old August 2nd 05, 11:57 PM
jagur

you need a 29er sized tube, aka.700x 52 or 700x58

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 3rd 05, 09:51 AM
joemarshall

To add to Jagur's advice, whatever you do, don't buy a normal 700c x 38
tube from a bike shop. They will tell you that it should work, you'll
then put it in your big apple, and it will explode at the valve.

Whatever the shops say, you really do need a 700c x 52 or bigger tube.
Somewhere that knows what a 29er mountain bike is will know what that
is.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde