kona dew 2006 or 2007?

Old September 13th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coach

Default kona dew 2006 or 2007?

2006
a.. Frame: Kona 7005 Aluminium Butted
b.. Fork: Kona Project Two
c.. Gears: Shimano Altus rear derailleur and Shimano Nexave front
d.. Shifters: Shimano Rapid-fire
e.. Chainset: Truvativ ISO Flow with 28 38 and 48 tooth chainrings
f.. Brakes: Tektro M530
g.. Wheels: Formula hubs with Alex Z-1000 rims
h.. Tyres: Continental Country Ride 700 x 37C
i.. Handle Bars: Kona Riser
j.. Stem: Kona Control
k.. Saddle: Kona Comfort
l.. Seatpost: Kona Thumb
2007
a.. Frame: Kona 7005 Butted Aluminium frame
b.. Forks: Kona P2 700c forks
c.. Gears: Shimano Nexave front and Shimano Altus rear derailleurs
d.. Shifters: Shimano Rapidfire
e.. Chainset: FSA Dyna Drive with 48/38/28 tooth gearing
f.. Brakes: Tektro M530
g.. Wheels: Araya PX-645 rims built on Formula hubs
h.. Tyres: Continental CountryRIDE 700x37c
i.. Handlebars: Kona Riser
j.. Stem: Kona Control
k.. Saddle: Kona Comfort
l.. Seatpost: Kona Thumb
m.. Pedals/Extras: WELLGO LU-C3 with Toe Clips & Straps
which would you choose?

thanks

Old September 13th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Coach wrote:
[...]

I'd since they are almost exactly the same I'd go for the 2006 option
because you should be able to get it for a knock down price (being last
year's model).

-Alex

Old September 13th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doki

"Coach" wrote in message
[...]

How many of these questions are you going to ask? The bikes are almost
identical.

Old September 13th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Coach
') wrote:

[...]

All that's changed are the chainset and rims. Everything else is the same.
Neither of those chainsets are particularly good, but neither are they
rubbish. If you can get a decent discount on a 2006 model, that makes it
better.

Just as defying the law of gravity through building aircraft requires
careful design and a lot of effort, so too does defying laws of
economics. It seems to be a deeply ingrained aspect of humanity to
forever strive to improve things, so unquestioning acceptance of a
free market system seems to me to be unnatural. ;; Charles Bryant

Old September 15th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coach

thats why I am asking for advice - there is some difference, hence the
question

why post if your not helping?

Old September 15th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Coach
') wrote:

thats why I am asking for advice - there is some difference, hence the
question

why post if your not helping?

Well, as I posted earlier, there's nothing on the 2007 bike that's better
than on the 2006. So go for a 2006 model - you'll get a discount.

[ This .sig subject to change without notice ]

Old September 15th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bryan

Coach Wrote:
thats why I am asking for advice - there is some difference, hence the
question

why post if your not helping?

"Doki" wrote in message

"Coach" wrote in message
2006

snip exceedingly long list of duplicate components

which would you choose?

How many of these questions are you going to ask? The bikes are

almost
identical.

I['ve no problem with you asking questiosn, but there really was no
need to post as you did, when all that is different is the chainset and
the rims. Basicaly they are both serviceable, and may need upgrading in
the future. Buy the one that's the cheapest.

And one otehr thing

posting!
top
stop

Bryan

--
Bryan

Old September 15th 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coach

posting top stop?

A little lost? I use the glasses jobby to find my posts - does this show up
on your too? or do you mean writing at the top of the last message
please help

subway 2-£240 OR both konas 299 which would you choose has the subway 700c
wheels or whatever?

sorry to be such a pain and thanks for the advice - last question - honest

Nick

Old September 15th 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Coach
') wrote:

posting top stop?

A little lost? I use the glasses jobby to find my posts - does this show
up on your too? or do you mean writing at the top of the last message
please help

You're using Outlook Express, which is not generally regarded as a very
good tool for Usenet. It defaults to putting the caret at the top of the
reply, which is part of your problem. There is a way of changing this
default but I can't remember what it is; the simpler solution is probably
one of

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/
http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

subway 2-£240 OR both konas 299 which would you choose has the subway
700c wheels or whatever?

As to the Konas, if they're the same price, choose the colour you like
best! On the whole I'd prefer 700c wheels for use on the road, but the
Konas are probably better bikes than the Subway.

sorry to be such a pain and thanks for the advice - last question -
honest

Don't worry. Questions are part of what this newsgroup is for.

;; Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
;; in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle.
;; Rep. Earl Blumenauer (Dem, OR)