Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Old February 24th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Default Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

joejumps4fun wrote:
Here's the event we're organizing:

Okay, that didn't work. Here's the flier I made:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
We need more unicyclists in Virginia!!
Check out my videos and more at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

augustdreamt wrote:
I'm not from VA, but I'll be at the Congress of Jugglers this weekend.
I'm excited to finally be meeting other cyclists!

Then I guess I'll see you there! I'm so excited!! This will be my
second time going. I'm only going to be there on Saturday.

Old February 24th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

maximus unius wrote:
I am going to be organizing a Belle Ilse, Richmond VA ride.

Hey Max! I didn't know you went down to Richmond to ride...seeing that
you're from the DC area. I've been on Belle Isle before w/ the Hell on
Wheel gang of Richmond. We did some trials riding in the river bed.
Nice place for it, too. Belle Isle is good for MUni as well, but I"m
not much for Muni. I prefer to ride in an urban environment.

So I hope you'll be able to make it to the Congress of Jugglers this
Saturday. I went last year and it was awesome!

I know you're scheduling the Richmond ride in April, but don't forget,
I have a Unicycle Fredericksburg event on April 19th, as well! (check
out the flier I made below).

Old February 25th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

joejumps4fun wrote:
Hey Max! I didn't know you went down to Richmond to ride...seeing that
you're from the DC area. I've been on Belle Isle before w/ the Hell on
Wheel gang of Richmond. We did some trials riding in the river bed.
Nice place for it, too. Belle Isle is good for MUni as well, but I"m
not much for Muni. I prefer to ride in an urban environment.

So I hope you'll be able to make it to the Congress of Jugglers this
Saturday. I went last year and it was awesome!

I know you're scheduling the Richmond ride in April, but don't forget,
I have a Unicycle Fredericksburg event on April 19th, as well! (check
out the flier I made below).
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png

I don't go to Richmond to ride much, been there twice in the last 14
months or so. But I really miss the awesome riding there, so I thought
I would organize something. I'll make sure it's not on the 19th.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

maximus unius wrote:
I don't go to Richmond to ride much, been there twice in the last 14
months or so. But I really miss the awesome riding there, so I thought
I would organize something. I'll make sure it's not on the 19th.

Cool, then I hope you might be able to join us for Unicycle of Dimes /
Unicycle Fredericksburg. Also, do you think you'll be going to UMD this
Sat?

Old February 25th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TheGreenMonster

maximus unius wrote:
Thanks Joey. Like I told you, I'll try to make it to Congress of
Jugglers next weekend.

To all VA, MD, WV, NC, DC, and PA riders,

In April (not sure of the date yet) I am going to be organizing a Belle
Ilse, Richmond VA ride. There will be a muni ride, either on the island
or a trail on the other side of the river, some natural trials on the
rocks on the river next to Belle Isle, and if there is interest it will
be a two day event and we can head downtown for some urban
trials/street.

There will be a thread up soon offering a couple weekends in April, but
go ahead and post here if you think you might come.

is a congress of jugglers jugglers or do you unicycle there to ??? cuz
i live in md and if its unicycling im in

--
TheGreenMonster

i'm a ninjagymnestismer
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TheGreenMonster

wait sorry how do you subscribe to a thread

--
TheGreenMonster

i'm a ninjagymnestismer
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lowpine

TheGreenMonster wrote:
wait sorry how do you subscribe to a thread

login to unicyclist.com then
click 'thread tools' - 'subscribe to this thread'

I'm in on the Belle Isle ride in April... spring's around the corner

later,
steve

--
lowpine
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I don't see the problem with having separate threads for the few events
that happen.

As far as how to be notified...it is annoying getting a PM, a myspace
message, and a thread with instructions for posting unicycle events. I
check my myspace less than the unicyclist board so a simple PM is good
enough for me, alternatively if you post in your thread about a ride
chances are I will read that which makes the PM not necessary.

I may make it to the congress of jugglers as it is always fun meeting
new people and I think I might be heading to Silver Spring Saturday
night anyway so it might work out. It isn't really high on my list of
priorities though, but I will let you know if I can make it out. Did
you want to try to do some trials or messing around on UMD campus as
well?

I have more fun doing XC/muni/long distance-touring rides. I have been
waiting for warmer weather to organize my tour of DC ride. I have a
sweet route planned though.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

TheGreenMonster wrote:
is a congress of jugglers jugglers or do you unicycle there to ??? cuz i
live in md and if its unicycling im in

Yes, it's mainly jugglers but there are a bunch of unicyclists that
show up as well. We play games like unicycle hockey, unicycle
basketball, have races, do tricks, and just try eachother's different
equipment. Please come!! I'll be bringing my 20", 5' giraffe, BC
wheel, maybe my 4" geared giraffe, and my Trikke.

Here's the info:
http://www.studentorg.umd.edu/juggling/congress.htm

I'm only going to be there on Saturday and a few other unicyclists I
know are coming.