Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Old September 5th 05, 04:43 PM
Bruce Davis

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make your
voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than there
are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

So what we need every ARBR reader to do, including (especially) all of you
lurkers, is to reply to this post with just a few simple words:

Either:

"Ed Should Stay"

Or:

"Ed Should Go"

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was planning
to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

So, after you read this, please respond with your vote. I will start the
ball rolling:

Ed Should Stay.

--Bruce Davis

Old September 5th 05, 05:06 PM
Adrian Godwin

Bruce Davis wrote:
I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order

I'm a lurker. I'm here to learn about recumbent bikes : I already know
sufficient about trolls. I can't use your voting choice, because I
don't care whether Ed stays or leaves - I can killfile him or not as I
like.

But I wish other people wouldn't follow up or fill the group with
moans about him. Don't you know you shouldn't feed the troll ?

-adrian
Old September 5th 05, 05:12 PM
Jeff Grippe

Ed should stay!

Old September 5th 05, 05:19 PM
Al Luminium

snippage of egocentrist nonsense..
Bruce wrote
If we find that the majority of ARBR readers want Ed to stay, I
hope

Bruce, this is USENET and this is a newsgroup. It doesn't work your way.
This isn't a moderated group. You don't have to read any of E.D.'s rants;
add him to your kill filter, but there is no such thing as voting people
off. If you want the psychological comfort of a censored community where
sycophants suck each other's asses and name their bents with baby talk
names, then go live by BROL.

Ed hasn't changed much. I don't even see his posts, except for what's quoted
by a few guys (and you all know who you are) doing pointless jousts with Ed,
goading him to try and keep topping himself. At least with Tom Sherman, we
got a lesson in zionist politics. So forget the voting and go riding.

If people want this newsgroup to be about 'bents, start posting about bents.

Old September 5th 05, 06:09 PM
Robert L Bass

I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of
all readers of ARBR to determine whether we,
as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave.
In order for this to work, we need the numerous
lurkers to step forward and make your voices
heard...

You're kidding, right? Even if every lurker and every regular
poster banded together as one and asked/implored/demanded that he
go, you would have no authority to compel him to do anything at
all. This isn't intended as a flame. It's simply an observation
of the way USENET works.

Only the ISP which owns the server and provides a given poster's
access has any authority. Appeals to his ISP will almost
certainly go unheeded. Although you may find him annoying,
nothing he's doing would violate any ISP's AUP.

I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR
than there are active posters. I also suspect that many
lurkers, such as myself, primarily visit ARBR to read the
latest rants from Saint Edward...

If that is the case then why would you want to get rid of him?

Even among those of you who dislike Ed's politics or
egotism, I bet you nonetheless find him entertaining;
and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I have no idea what others
may think. I personally find him neither entertaining nor
annoying. He's just a troll and you are feeding him. It seems
that you enjoy doing so, much as children enjoy throwing peanuts
to monkeys in the zoo. Again, no flame. If that floats your
boat, feel free to continue. I occasionally filter Ed and a few
others but I turn off the filters after a while to see if
anything useful is being posted.

So what we need every ARBR reader to do, including
(especially) all of you lurkers, is to reply to this post with
just a few simple words:

Either:

"Ed Should Stay"

Ed will stay as long as he likes, regardless what I might say
about it. I really don't care what he does.

Or:

"Ed Should Go"

Or perhaps... those who feed him should go away. If no one
answers him after a while he'll get bored and disappear. Of
course, getting those who enjoy feeding the troll to co-operate
is about as likely as getting Ed to leave.
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
Old September 5th 05, 08:34 PM

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:43:41 -0400, "Bruce Davis"
wrote:

I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make your
voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than there
are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

How about you go set up a gfroup for your collection of morons and
call it:

alt.ed.dolan.masturbating.at.the.keyboard.again

There he can be the emperor of all his minions (he can appoint you
court fool) and put his psychosis on display for you.

jim

Old September 5th 05, 09:27 PM
HHS

"Bruce Davis" wrote in message
[...]

Ed will be Ed, and it's true - the only people responding to his posts are
the idiots and morons. He's got that right.

Old September 5th 05, 09:53 PM
Mike Causer

Don't care. Dolan and Johnnywhatsisname are kill-filed.

Oh, Shackford is in there too, he's just pooped (!) up again in the
Moulton mailing list.

It does look funny when one poster seems to be arguing with themselves
though....

Mike

Old September 5th 05, 11:09 PM
Bob the Cow

"Al Luminium" wrote in message

If people want this newsgroup to be about 'bents, start posting about
bents.

What's a bent?

Old September 6th 05, 04:59 AM
Dave Miller

wrote:

I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make your
voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than there
are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

"Ed Should Go"

Many , l

Many, like myself, decided long ago Edward is to be pitied but easily
dismissed with filters. But the number of Ed responders proved too
numerous , and often valuable, too kill with a filter - so we moved to
BROL.

If you really want to know how people feel, don't ask these last
hold-outs - ask at BROL, prepare for the applause

Dave Miller