Pittsburgh hills

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 12, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John White

Default Pittsburgh hills

In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, November 26, 2012 6:48:07 PM UTC-5, Dan O wrote:

Not real long - I only count about 60 steps or so on the sidewalk

along the steep part. So unless those are awfully high steps I don't

see how the vertical rise could be a really big number (cobblestones

may break my bones but numbers never hurt me :-) *Appears* to be

eminently surmountable.

Pittsburgh's steps are interesting on their own. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steps_of_Pittsburgh

I doubt there are many other places where some stairways are legally city
streets.

- Frank Krygowski

San Francisco and Berkeley are a couple of other places where stairways
are part of the street network, although I don't know about their exact
legal status.

Pittsburgh hills [email protected] General 4 January 25th 13 06:06 PM
Denver to Pittsburgh ffej Rides 0 May 4th 11 09:07 PM
Any unicyclists in the Pittsburgh Area? inbethelpark Unicycling 0 October 23rd 07 08:50 PM
Muni in Pittsburgh tom777 Unicycling 1 June 13th 06 06:55 AM
Pittsburgh to DC? Brian E. Clark Rides 1 June 17th 04 06:27 PM