Giro on a Mac??

Old May 9th 05, 10:09 PM

Default Giro on a Mac??

Any Mac users try getting the OLN feed? The web site says they only
support M$.

For those who watched today, is there no sound at all or just no
commentary?

Are there any other alternatives to Outdoor Lame Network? RAI Sport just
had guys playing pool without cues, but no Giro, wtf?!
Old May 10th 05, 07:17 AM
amit

Any Mac users try getting the OLN feed? The web site says they only
support M$.

dumbass,

the protour has deal with microsoft and they will not support other
systems.

feel free to "blog" this while you have another latte.

Old May 10th 05, 09:26 AM
Andrew F Martin

Giro was on last night at 9:25 GMT on RAI. Italian commentary and all.

Ever try VMWare?

Old May 10th 05, 02:14 PM
h squared

amit wrote:

wrote:

Any Mac users try getting the OLN feed? The web site says they only
support M$.

dumbass,

the protour has deal with microsoft and they will not support other
systems.

feel free to "blog" this while you have another latte.

laugh all you want, but my bf is making a special trip to his "storage
locker" today to dig out an old pc just so he can watch the giro on oln.
and first he bought a copy of "virtual pc", but it doesn't ****ing work
on our mac (why am i not surprised?). i've been tryin to watch on
beeline tv, but have problems figuring out their scheduling.

hh

Old May 11th 05, 03:33 AM
jc

amit wrote:
wrote:

Any Mac users try getting the OLN feed? The web site says they only
support M$.

dumbass,

the protour has deal with microsoft and they will not support other
systems.

feel free to "blog" this while you have another latte.

LOL. Trust Hein to cut a deal like that.

For the OP, apparently they've put some sort of security plugin on the
OLN feed so it doesn't run on mac, even with Windows Media Player (which
does.) I'm watching the live feed off RAI's website.

jc
Old May 11th 05, 03:38 AM
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
wrote:
Any Mac users try getting the OLN feed? The web site says they only
support M$.

For those who watched today, is there no sound at all or just no
commentary?

Are there any other alternatives to Outdoor Lame Network? RAI Sport just
had guys playing pool without cues, but no Giro, wtf?!

mplayer works pretty well with Linux in the short amount of testing I've
done so far with some Windows type files.

It looks like it is available for Mac OS-X too...

http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if it works with the OLN feed, but it's free software so
give it a try.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Old May 11th 05, 03:41 AM
amit

h squared wrote:

laugh all you want, but my bf is making a special trip to his

"storage
locker" today to dig out an old pc just so he can watch the giro on

oln.

yes i shouldn't laugh, since like most canadians i don't even own a
computer, though there is one in the nearest town only 140 miles away.

i write my posts on lined postcards and mail them to the centralized
government computer agency who enter it into rbr for me.

they then print out the replies on fanfold paper and mail them to me so
that i may read them.

Old May 11th 05, 04:13 PM
Donald Munro

amit wrote:
i write my posts on lined postcards and mail them to the centralized
government computer agency who enter it into rbr for me.

they then print out the replies on fanfold paper and mail them to me so
that i may read them.

And you contribute towards saving the environment by re-using the rbr
imprinted paper in your toilet, quite an appropriate usage I would have
thought.