Lawyer regrets fatal hit-run (on cyclist)

Old April 4th 05, 08:19 AM
Absent Husband

Default Lawyer regrets fatal hit-run (on cyclist)

Poor lawyer - smashing into a cyclist after an afternoon on the turps,
and now regretting his actions. He was so upset that police records
show that he called his lawyer on his mobile phone a few minutes after
the accident.

Pity that he didn't actually stop to see if the guy was OK - maybe he
wouldn't be dead now...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1246,00.html

Cheers,
Absent Husband

Old April 4th 05, 08:47 AM
cfsmtb

Lawyer + alcohol + 4WD + bullbar = ! @ # $
?!?!?!

sorry I can't type anything more articulate than that, want to thro
stuff around the room after reading that article. :mad

--
cfsmtb

Old April 4th 05, 10:30 AM
leestevens

Absent Husband Wrote:
Poor lawyer - smashing into a cyclist after an afternoon on the turps
and now regretting his actions. He was so upset that police record
show that he called his lawyer on his mobile phone a few minutes afte
the accident

Pity that he didn't actually stop to see if the guy was OK - maybe h
wouldn't be dead now..

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...51-1246,00.htm

Cheers
Absent Husband

I know the brother of the bloke who was killed, He happens to be
lawer too. I saw him not long after that accident happened, poor blok
was in tears telling me to give up cycling. I just didn't know what t
say, how can you give up something you love so much just because ther
are a few morons on the road. Whats the bet he gets less than ten year
in gaol!! I wouldn't be surprised.:eek

--
leestevens

Old April 4th 05, 12:05 PM
flyingdutch

Absent Husband Wrote:
Poor lawyer - smashing into a cyclist after an afternoon on the turps,
and now regretting his actions. He was so upset that police records
show that he called his lawyer on his mobile phone a few minutes after
the accident.

Pity that he didn't actually stop to see if the guy was OK - maybe he
wouldn't be dead now...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1246,00.html

Cheers,
Absent Husband

"Mr McGee has acted in many highly publicised cases, including that o
bodies-in-barrels serial killer James Vlassakis and former magistrat
and convicted pedophile Peter Liddy."

cant say i really expect this @rsehole to have much common decency
given his professional achievements! cfsmtb, can i come around and hel
furniture toss

--
flyingdutch

Old April 4th 05, 12:39 PM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
cant say i really expect this @rsehole to have much common decency
given his professional achievements! cfsmtb, can i come around and hel
furniture toss?

Na, the tantie has passed and Mr Soiler wouldn't be amused by m
antics. (initial anger has calmed down to mild teeth grinding)

Refering to FD's need for a drink on another thread, interesting how o
cooler nights a 'scotch finger' or two is just dandy. :

--
cfsmtb

Old April 4th 05, 12:43 PM
Jock

Absent Husband wrote:
Poor lawyer - smashing into a cyclist after an afternoon on the
turps, and now regretting his actions. He was so upset that police
records show that he called his lawyer on his mobile phone a few
minutes after the accident.

Pity that he didn't actually stop to see if the guy was OK - maybe he
wouldn't be dead now...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1246,00.html

Cheers,
Absent Husband

puke. This is crook. Bet he gets a suspended sentence for being a normally
top bloke.
Hope not.
Jock

Old April 4th 05, 01:22 PM
The_Brucelle_Sprout (aka bruce, aka fred, aka fred

Absent Husband wrote:
Poor lawyer - smashing into a cyclist after an afternoon on the turps,
and now regretting his actions. He was so upset that police records
show that he called his lawyer on his mobile phone a few minutes after
the accident.

Pity that he didn't actually stop to see if the guy was OK - maybe he
wouldn't be dead now...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1246,00.html

Cheers,
Absent Husband

When, umm, a person I know, was a law school, he/she noticed that all
the dynamic I'm-going-to-change-the-world 1st years riding their bikes
to lectures had switched over to rice-rockets or baby beemers by the
time 5th rear rolled round.
Hmmm. I guess, post-graduation, you get a vehicle that makes a
statement. And, if that statement is "I seriously don't give a f#ck
about anyone or anything else in the world except for me", nothing says
it more eloquently than a full-size 4wd/suv.

(This would be a sly joke post, except that it's about a dead person
killed by a lawyer in a 4wd. Always look on the bright side of life,
yeah, even when it involves something that typifies the amoral,
environmentally and socially irresponsible, selfish attitude to...
/high horse)

Old April 4th 05, 01:42 PM
Terry Collins

flyingdutch wrote:

"Mr McGee has acted in many highly publicised cases, including that of
bodies-in-barrels serial killer James Vlassakis and former magistrate
and convicted pedophile Peter Liddy."

cant say i really expect this @rsehole to have much common decency,
given his professional achievements! cfsmtb, can i come around and help
furniture toss?

Well, basically they are simply bodies for hire to put "your" case and
in this country a person is innocent until convicted. He may simply
believe in this principle and be prepared to act for anyone charged in
upholding his beliefs. Such an action is th be applauded as it ensure
justice and fairness in this country.

I am however not excusing his actions and personally hope that he gets
done for murder, but think I have more chance of winning $36Mill in the
lottery.
Old April 4th 05, 02:54 PM
Alan Erskine

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Lawyer + alcohol + 4WD + bullbar = ! @ # $ !
?!?!?!

Not bullbar, bumper bar; from the article: "The court heard the 4WD's bumper
bar initially struck Mr Humphrey's bike". At any kind of speed, impact can
still be fatal without a bullbar. At 100 klicks, it's death for sure.

--
Alan Erskine

Old April 4th 05, 04:08 PM
SteveA

Terry Collins Wrote:
[...]

I have no sympathy for a person who, through their own negligence o
lack of giving a rat's arse, gets ****ed, gets behind the wheel (of an
vehicle, 4WD or otherwise), kills an innocent person and doesn't eve
hang around to see whether his victim is dead or is alive and can b
helped. I hope he is punished in the criminal courts and then again i
the civil courts so that the family of the poor bugger who was kille
receives some monetary compensation (I know, a faint chance probably o
success)

However, the media, in its usual attempt to add 'colour' to what i
already a tragic story, has provided a character snap shot of th
lawyer by identifying two unsavoury characters he has acted for. Wha
an arsehole he must be. Maybe. Even probably. But the reality of th
legal profession is that some of the most decent people who are lawyer
provide legal representation to some of the scum of the earth. The
remain decent people.

If you were looking for lawyers who were highly ideallistic and no
*******s merely chasing the $, you would find many at the various stat
legal aid offices. You would also find that these same legal ai
lawyers provide legal representation to some of the worst possibl
people who have done some truly awful things

The only way to make a fair legal system is to ensure everyone can b
properly represented by a skilled advocate in court. That is wh
decent lawyers represent scum

So, in summary, Your Honour, give this miserable excuse the maximu
penalty for getting ****ed, getting behind the wheel, killing a
innocent person and not even hanging around to see whether his victi
was dead or alive, but don't get sucked in by the media to judging hi
by the people he has represented as a lawyer.

(And if you think I am defending him, read my first paragraph again

Steve

--
SteveA

Cyclist killed, driver cited for going too fast John General 45 October 19th 04 05:13 AM
Cyclist hit by Car, Moorside /Halifax Road Cleckheaton AndyMorris UK 9 October 16th 04 09:18 PM
not a cyclist loki General 38 May 22nd 04 02:06 PM
Hog attacks cyclist in Hong Kong Scott Munro General 4 September 16th 03 05:05 PM