Another Petition - this time on topic

Old February 13th 07, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

Default Another Petition - this time on topic

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/slippyroads/

Found while catching up on El Reg.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/13/sticky_grit/

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"There is a wicked pretense that one has been informed. But no
such thing has truly occurred! A mere slogan, an empty litany.
No arguments are heard, no evidence is weighed. It isn't news at
all, only a source of amusement for idlers." (Gibson-Sterling,
The Difference Engine)
Old February 14th 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman

On Feb 13, 10:28 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/slippyroads/

I believe that the sugar based grits are used because they don't
corrode the roads or vehicles as much as a strong salt based one
(rather than it purely being a cost cutting measure).

I've never noticed the 'sheen' it produces, but we may still be using
salt around here. It does also have other side effects though http://
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6317693.stm

peter

Old February 14th 07, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

naked_draughtsman wrote:

On Feb 13, 10:28 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/slippyroads/

I believe that the sugar based grits are used because they don't
corrode the roads or vehicles as much as a strong salt based one
(rather than it purely being a cost cutting measure).

I've never noticed the 'sheen' it produces, but we may still be using
salt around here. It does also have other side effects though http://
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6317693.stm

peter

heh! true about the salt dips sheep do seem to like them.

by looks its still salt mostly in kingston area.

roger

Three Greatest Inventions (2/3 On Topic, 1/3 Off Topic) Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman General 21 December 19th 06 04:40 AM
#10 Petition Stuart Millington UK 0 November 18th 06 12:42 AM
Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic spindrift UK 50 August 7th 06 06:25 AM
Sort of on topic/off topic: Rising toll of kids hurt on roads wafflycat UK 4 March 24th 06 05:28 PM
This is off topic some ... but on topic also... make up your mind Thomas Wentworth General 7 November 8th 05 09:46 PM