"RMan"

Old February 22nd 04, 06:02 AM
hippy

Default "RMan"

Were you at Glenvale today?
I remembered your rainvest..

Carried it in my backpack the 20k to the race.
Afterwards, the boys decided to do Beach Rd.
and the city before heading home. Add another
80k's... Tired/Sore/Sunburnt (again) now.. ;-)

Will you be there next week?
I looked for you, but my brain was still switched
onto "jelly" mode and B grade was already
powering around, so I might have missed you
due to the race.

RR: C grade pace was just too high and I spent
most of the race struggling to hang on. Tried setting
up for the sprint but it took so much effort to get
up towards the front that I had nothing left. Rolled
across the line, mildly annoyed, somewhere between
10th and 20th.

hippy

Old February 22nd 04, 10:41 PM
rickster

"hippy" wrote in message ...
Were you at Glenvale today?
I remembered your rainvest..

Ahh, Hippy, thanks mate, but I've got a cold and didn't race. I will
be there next Sunday, baring any more illness.

RR: C grade pace was just too high and I spent
most of the race struggling to hang on. Tried setting
up for the sprint but it took so much effort to get
up towards the front that I had nothing left. Rolled
across the line, mildly annoyed, somewhere between
10th and 20th.

Well, you hung on.
Old February 23rd 04, 12:03 AM
hippy

"rickster" wrote in message
m...
Ahh, Hippy, thanks mate, but I've got a cold and didn't race. I will
be there next Sunday, baring any more illness.

Cool. It's in the diary - I'll do my best to remember it ;-)

up towards the front that I had nothing left. Rolled
across the line, mildly annoyed, somewhere between
10th and 20th.

Well, you hung on.

Yeah, but I was hoping for a better finish than last
week's 6th-ish. This week there were a couple of
strong breakaways, so the bunch pace was higher
trying to reel them in. I just didn't have the legs or
skill to work my way up to a good spot in time for
the sprint. Next week... ;-)

Track tonight.. don't know if my legs will actually
be working by then...

hippy

Old February 25th 04, 01:10 AM
jazmo

Twenty questions about Glenvale Crescent

What's the entry fee

Are there a lot of Blackburn riders there? Looking at the Carnegie
Caulfield site race results there hardly seems to be any!

What's this ride that happens afterwards? What's the pace like?Are ther
riders who go out and then back to their cars at Glenvale Cres

Cheer

-

Old February 25th 04, 01:32 AM
hippy

"jazmo" wrote in message
Twenty questions about Glenvale Crescent.

What's the entry fee?

$10 for the race.
If you don't have a license, you will need a day lic.
for ~$22 on top of the $10.

Are there a lot of Blackburn riders there? Looking at the Carnegie /
Caulfield site race results there hardly seems to be any!!

Not as many as there are CC riders. They are a bigger club I
believe, so would probably have more chance of appearing in
the placings. I'd like to change that :-)

What's this ride that happens afterwards? What's the pace like?Are

there
riders who go out and then back to their cars at Glenvale Cres?

The ride that happened afterwards was in impromptu ride
because a couple of the lads from Croydon wanted to do
some extra training. I'm sure there are other rides that some
people organise on the day or maybe even regular ones?
The pace was easy then hard, then easy, then hard :-)
Are you asking if riders drive to the race, race and then
drive home? If so, then the answer is yes. I wouldn't
park on/near the circuit though, otherwise you wont be
able to get out when the later grades race.

hippy

Old February 25th 04, 03:10 AM
jazmo

Hippy wrote:
"jazmo" wrote in message news:OBS_b.1-
$j -
rver.com...
[...]

Thanks for the info

Yeah, I'll be driving there from Lower Templestowe

On the Carnegie/Caulfield website
http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/rides.html , it says that many rider
ride down to Beach Rd after the race. I was just wondering if many (i
any) come back to Glenvale Crescent as I don't want to ride back to m
car on my own

I generally like to do a 130 - 150 km ride on Saturday mornings. If thi
ride after the race is a regular thing, then I can replace the Saturda
morning ride with this one

-

Old February 25th 04, 03:35 AM
hippy

Default Glenvale Crits (originally: "RMan")

"jazmo" wrote in message
Thanks for the info.

If I know it, I'll show it.. ;-)

Yeah, I'll be driving there from Lower Templestowe.

How far is that? We ride 20k there for a nice warmup...

On the Carnegie/Caulfield website,
http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/rides.html , it says that many

riders
ride down to Beach Rd after the race. I was just wondering if many (if
any) come back to Glenvale Crescent as I don't want to ride back to my
car on my own.

Ahh okay.. I didn't know about that. I never considered doing
ANY riding after a race except if it gets me home! :-) Not sure
if our Beach Rd. sojourn will become regular or not. Ask around
and you'll possibly find people doing what you want to do. We
don't head back to Glenvale, we head up Whitehorse Rd. after
the city.

I generally like to do a 130 - 150 km ride on Saturday mornings. If

this
ride after the race is a regular thing, then I can replace the

Saturday
morning ride with this one.

That's true, unless you want an easier long ride? I was
pretty sore/tired by the end of our loop. Guess it depends
if you've got other things to do on Sat's and how inclined
you feel towards a long ride post-race?

hippy

Old February 25th 04, 04:50 AM
Shabby

Hippy wrote:
"jazmo" wrote in message news:OBS_b.1-
$j -
rver.com...
Not as many as there are CC riders. They are a bigger club I believe, so
would probably have more chance of appearing in the placings. I'd like
to change that :-)

Not to mention the fact that they shorten races when there are CCC
members in a break. (ie. Last week C grade got cut down by 5 minutes
and lengthen the race for "safety reasons" if there's a break with n
CCCC riders in it

-

Old February 25th 04, 05:17 AM
hippy

Default Glenvale Crits (was: "RMan")

"Shabby" wrote in message
Not to mention the fact that they shorten races when there are CCCC
members in a break. (ie. Last week C grade got cut down by 5 minutes)
and lengthen the race for "safety reasons" if there's a break with no
CCCC riders in it.

Were you racing then? I wondered what the hell was going on...
I saw the 3 laps sign up and probably looked at my speedo
and thought "that's way too early!". Just after crossing the line,
I stopped my speedo and the time showed 48mins! That was
2mins less than the 50mins+3laps stated at the start and we'd
DONE the 3 laps already!
Gee, I wonder if I could've made up a few spots and scored
a place with the extra time??? ;-)

I'll be paying more attention to race times from now I think...

hippy

Old February 25th 04, 05:30 AM
jazmo

Hippy wrote:
How far is that? We ride 20k there for a nice warmup... hippy

Actually, it's about 20 odd km as well. Only thing is I don't like th
idea of becoming another road statistic by riding up Springvale Rd t
get there. Coming home would be even worse

On Sundays, I'm normally still a bit sore from doing my 140 km od
Saturday morning ride

I might do a shorter ride this Saturday morning and then race on Sunda
at Glenvale

Might see you there

-