It's like a jungle out there for bike riders

Old April 26th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Which Side Are You On, the Lion Or the Monkey?

ComandanteBanana wrote:
I'm going to paraphrase from this Ralph Nader email I got, "Which Side
Are You On?"... the Lion or the Monkey, which is to say the SUVs or
the bicycles? By the way, is Nader for the cyclists? I don't think any
candidate is. Monkeys don't count that much. But I remember Ralph used
to be concerned about car safety... Well perhaps he's really for the
monkeys...

Which Side Are You On?
If you believe that the Democratic Party is the answer to what ails us
as a nation,

Who's this "US" paleface?
Old April 26th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 26, 12:18*pm, Marc wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
I'm going to paraphrase from this Ralph Nader email I got, "Which Side
Are You On?"... the Lion or the Monkey, which is to say the SUVs or
the bicycles? By the way, is Nader for the cyclists? I don't think any
candidate is. Monkeys don't count that much. But I remember Ralph used
to be concerned about car safety... Well perhaps he's really for the
monkeys...

Which Side Are You On?
If you believe that the Democratic Party is the answer to what ails us
as a nation,

Who's this "US" paleface?

We, as in "WE THE PEOPLE..."

Are we protected by the Constittution in any way?
Old April 26th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default blowing the horn is similar to the lion's roar

Have you ever tried to figure out what's in a horn?

"Get a superloud bike horn, and honk back!"

I like this. But won't they take it as a personal insult too?

I think their blowing the horn is similar to the lion's roar. They
expect you to fold and go.

Imagine what the lion would do if you roar back to him!
Old April 26th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Did you know they call NYC the "Asphalt Jungle"?

And it ain't because I'm picking on NYC because the same thing is
happening in my city or any other American city. But bad reputations
are hard to get rid of...

'Riding in NYC is pretty scary. Many people are driving without a
license and/or without insurance, and that's not even touching on all
the trucks and vans speeding along making deliveries and not really
giving a damn about who's around them. Most drivers are extremely
aggressive and subconsciously, they drive in attack mode. They will
only think of the consequences after they hit you, and even though you
may have been "right" , you're already in the hospital or dead.
I learned my lesson by seeing too many accidents already.........I
simply assume that most drivers are going to try and speed through a
fresh red light or that a car door will swing open without someone
looking to see if anything is coming.'

http://www.dahon.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4088

Old April 27th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default It's the lycra types that give a bad name to cycling

On Apr 26, 4:03 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:36:43 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
On Apr 25, 1:02 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:19:27 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
So it is that cyclists must stay in
constant alert for predators, like the monkeys of the jungle.

Monkeys are well known for throwing **** at passers by and making lots
of noise.

Perhaps that explains some of the posts from bike riders?

Perhaps yall may now have some grasp of the thinking of a longtailed
cat, in a room full of rocking chairs?

Gunner

The monkeys --sorry the cyclists-- you are talking about are the ones
in lycra. They are much noiser than the commuter type. And don't eat
peanuts.

True indeed Most commuter types are interested in surviving to make
it home, or to work.

Its the lycra'd "purists" and endorphine addicts that are the biggest
problem. Those and the homeless drunks/druggies that have to resort
to a second hand store Huffy to make their rounds as they lost their
DLs years ago.

Hum...sometimes its hard to tell them apart, but for the clothing.

I'm in another forum (Dahon foldables) where, I assure you, their
members are civilized people.

But the Huffy type ride mostly the sidewalks and back alleys. It's the
lycra types that give a bad name to cycling.

Old April 27th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Commandante Apeshit

Lycra causes brain damage.

Stay home and hide from cars.

Old April 27th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Commandante Apeshit

I'm on the side of the lions.

Monkeys EAT bananas, leaving you none to command.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Old April 27th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Commandante Apeshit

Who needs safety statistics? One person on the Dahon forum fears
riding in New York City, so it must be the most dangerous place on the
planet to ride a bike. Be afraid.

We have nothing to fear but the lack of fear itself.

Old April 27th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:08:03 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

But the Huffy type ride mostly the sidewalks and back alleys. It's the
lycra types that give a bad name to cycling.

You're an idiot.

One day, I ride in jeans. Another, I ride in Spandex. Another,
mountain bike baggies.

Old April 28th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 27, 11:27*am, Commandante Ape****
wrote:
Lycra causes brain damage.

Stay home and hide from cars.

I thought their only problem was impotence. I don't know why they use
cruiser seats.