NO, WE ARE OVER HERE

Old April 3rd 14, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default NO, WE ARE OVER HERE

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2...ja.html#slide1
Old April 3rd 14, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:51:40 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2...ja.html#slide1

ZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...estimates.html
Old April 5th 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:16:36 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:51:40 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2...ja.html#slide1

ZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...estimates.html

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

IS graphene in your belts ?

http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...d/d-id/1174140
Old April 14th 14, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 1:49:56 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:16:36 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:51:40 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2...ja.html#slide1

ZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...estimates.html

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

IS graphene in your belts ?

http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...d/d-id/1174140

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

we track the relationship tween animal behavior and earthquake phenomena.....living mostly across the Gulf from Mex volcanos. We can smell and see the dust. Then weather changes, colder temps, from sunlight reflecting off that dust blown into higher altitudes.

The air flow from here to England was direct this winter...Gulf Stream going that way but usually weather centers turn left to the pole not to a direct hit on the Isles. Rain rain rain.....But meteorology said volcanic dust was not a factor.

2 weeks ago another eruption with dust more or less heading around Florida then up the coast into 2 vast gyres of wind, one around the pole n one splitting off into Canada then going back up past Greenland to rejoin the pole vortex.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.U0vZw5VOXF8

Its called Volcanic Winter.

Old April 14th 14, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/14/2014 9:00 AM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
[...]

Whatever it's called, this is one of the lousiest springs for cycling in
recent memory. We have torrential rains predicted today with a high of
23c. Wednesday we have a high of 3c with a low of -10c. With all the
ice and snow melt from today it's going to be a skating rink on
Wednesday. Not to mention the rivers that are near flood stages from
the late snow.
Old April 14th 14, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, April 14, 2014 9:11:51 AM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
[...]

Ditto where I am. Get acouple of days of warm temps but either with very high windsor lots of rain. 30F temp drop between today and tomorrow with light snow tomorrow. Sure am glad I got some riding in whilst it was passably comfortable to do some distance rides. Ah, but this too shall pass. The question remains, when will it pass? Sometimes I wonder if that groundhog died when it left its den and saw nothing.

Cheers
Old April 14th 14, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

[...]

Oh do I know and share that.

Had a wonderful ride yesterday, best of 2014 IMHO, at 38F in
a steady drizzle but I was dressed for the weather. No wind,
no traffic early, clear streets[1], nice overall.

Then today it's back to snow and wind. Yecchh.
Volcanic Weather, Global Warming, whatever. If it's warmer,
sign me up.

[1] Well for Beirut anyway. Winter takes a toll but once the
snow moves, one might see and avoid the worst of it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 14th 14, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick... .U0vZw5VOXF8

Its called Volcanic Winter.

Whatever it's called, this is one of the lousiest springs for cycling in

recent memory. We have torrential rains predicted today with a high of

23c. Wednesday we have a high of 3c with a low of -10c. With all the

ice and snow melt from today it's going to be a skating rink on

Wednesday. Not to mention the rivers that are near flood stages from

the late snow.

Ditto where I am. Get acouple of days of warm temps but either with very
high windsor lots of rain. 30F temp drop between today and tomorrow with
light snow tomorrow. Sure am glad I got some riding in whilst it was
passably comfortable to do some distance rides. Ah, but this too shall
pass. The question remains, when will it pass? Sometimes I wonder if that
groundhog died when it left its den and saw nothing.

Cheers

If he didn't die I would find his sorry self and rectify that.

Thanks for reminding me of the wind! You're right the only days lately
passably good for riding have been pretty windy. I guess it's a way to
get extra training to make up for the rides missed due to rain.

--
duane
Old April 14th 14, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, April 14, 2014 6:11:51 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
[...]

Sunny in PDX -- at least this weekend. Throttled myself riding around the West Hills on Saturday and doing endless yard work, then my brother rolled in to town and wanted to go for a ride. He's this old dude mountain bike champ now 62 years old who rides like a sled dog . . . mush, mush. I like to motor away on long climbs, but I was baked on Sunday and just rode along side, which was hard enough for my tired legs. Mushed out the Gorge Highway and up Larch Mountain Road -- that same old 14.5 mile climb I've written about befo http://tinyurl.com/muafs5e The gate was still closed, but there was no snow until about 300 meters from the top, so we were car-free for about five miles of climbing. You can see a bunch of volcanoes from the top -- when you can get to the top: http://tinyurl.com/oxdtwh9

It was f'n cold at the top, and I was freezing on the way down, even in a jacket. It warmed up at the bottom, and I took off my jacket at the Women's Forum (view from): http://tinyurl.com/kfl2oxa I still get a thrill out of being on the Gorge, even after all these years -- and even with all the cars, bikes and wind on the first few sunny days of the year.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 14th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 4/14/2014 3:15 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Wow. Nice looking place to ride.
Reminds me of http://tinyurl.com/nr8tsbu