I Got Beacons

Old April 17th 14, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default I Got Beacons

On 4/17/2014 12:58 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
JB, as we age our reflexes slow faster than our judgment.

I judge that my reflexes are still pretty good.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 18th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:24:31 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/17/2014 12:58 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

JB, as we age our reflexes slow faster than our judgment.

I judge...

Try to take it easy on that.
Old April 18th 14, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/17/2014 7:52 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:24:31 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/17/2014 12:58 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

JB, as we age our reflexes slow faster than our judgment.

I judge...

Try to take it easy on that.

Sounds like you're judging me again.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 18th 14, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

WHO GIVES A DAM ABT YOUR REFLEXES OL GOAT

sheet wandering around flat cow pastures in Ohio.

paranoid. watcha gonna dew ride thru manure ?

NYT has an Op-ED on the new American urban scene....doo doo.....

leading off with mention of Portland as a modern hipster hang out..

forget Fla.....let see who did I go shopping with today....

Old April 18th 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/17/2014 10:55 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
WHO GIVES A DAM ABT YOUR REFLEXES OL GOAT

So, people come here instead to read about your kayaking weather?

Um... got it.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 18th 14, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Friday, April 18, 2014 12:18:14 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/17/2014 10:55 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

WHO GIVES A DAM ABT YOUR REFLEXES OL GOAT

So, people come here instead to read about your kayaking weather?

Um... got it.

--

- Frank Krygowski

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Franko....weez pullin urleg.....

frankly touring Ohio isn't a machup for Portland commuting....generalizing the experiences. as long you're avoiding Fri/Sat heavy moments.

I didnah post kayak here ? The Boomerang is on the charts . Very exciting as the entire deal was new experiences. Not Freya but for the first time I turned away from the mainland n headed out to landless sea with GPS for landfall.

and successful trip.

stunning variable weather. Summer to Fall in 4 days.
Old April 19th 14, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:23:33 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/17/2014 12:26 PM, jbeattie wrote:

And for Frank, a lot of the young and fit know exactly what has been taught

them in spin class.

That's what I figured. But careful, Jay, or Dan will be in your
(virtual) face for demeaning the young and fit.

Heh.

I come across many riders with big engines who are squirrels

on bikes. Lately, I've been running into the hyper vigilant who incessantly
point things out on the road -- the hand gestures are so frequent that it
looks like a dance routine from Saturday Night Fever. It looks like they
went to some rider-training class, and that was the only message that stuck
-- point things out!

Heh. I went on a club ride this morning - retirement is nice! - and
noticed that nobody was pointing out potholes. That's because after
this winter, there are so many potholes that pointing them would require
using both hands simultaneously. That might make steering through them
even more difficult than usual.

"Potholes occur when snow and ice melt as part of... seasonal
freeze-thaw cycles. The resulting water then seeps beneath the
pavement through cracks... "

"... _caused by the wear and tear of traffic_."

"As the temperatures cool to freezing at night, the water becomes
ice and expands below the pavement, forcing the pavement to rise.
As... "

"... _the weight of traffic continues to pound_... "

"... on this raised section - and the temperatures once again rise
above freezing - a shallow divot occurs under the surface and the
pavement breaks, forming a pothole."

Still prefer sharing roads with motor traffic?

Old April 19th 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:48:28 PM UTC-4, Dan O wrote:
[...]

Potholes also occur when snowplows take out chunks of asphalt.

Cheers
Old April 19th 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/19/2014 4:48 PM, Dan O wrote:

"Potholes occur when snow and ice melt as part of... seasonal
freeze-thaw cycles. The resulting water then seeps beneath the
pavement through cracks... "

"... _caused by the wear and tear of traffic_."

"As the temperatures cool to freezing at night, the water becomes
ice and expands below the pavement, forcing the pavement to rise.
As... "

"... _the weight of traffic continues to pound_..."

"... on this raised section - and the temperatures once again rise
above freezing - a shallow divot occurs under the surface and the
pavement breaks, forming a pothole."

Still prefer sharing roads with motor traffic?

No, you've convinced me. We should all stop riding our bikes until
there are special bike-only roads everywhere we want to go.

I hope you get that completed really soon.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 19th 14, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:45:49 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/19/2014 4:48 PM, Dan O wrote:

"Potholes occur when snow and ice melt as part of... seasonal

freeze-thaw cycles. The resulting water then seeps beneath the

pavement through cracks... "

"... _caused by the wear and tear of traffic_."

"As the temperatures cool to freezing at night, the water becomes

ice and expands below the pavement, forcing the pavement to rise.

As... "

"... _the weight of traffic continues to pound_..."

"... on this raised section - and the temperatures once again rise

above freezing - a shallow divot occurs under the surface and the

pavement breaks, forming a pothole."

Still prefer sharing roads with motor traffic?

No, you've convinced me. We should all stop riding our bikes until

there are special bike-only roads everywhere we want to go.

I hope you get that completed really soon.

Dude, it's already a reality. http://odditymall.com/laser-bike-lane-lights

-- Jay Beattie.

RR: Brecon Beacons Brevet Andy Cox UK 2 October 10th 06 08:55 AM
Brecon Beacons Brevet 100Km 8/10/06 Andy Cox UK 4 October 7th 06 04:35 PM
Routes in Brecon Beacons Andrew Richardson UK 7 March 28th 04 07:34 PM
Slightly OT, Belisha beacons martin UK 40 October 4th 03 07:53 PM