Some sweet unicycling:}

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 05, 06:34 PM
Mikefule

Default Some sweet unicycling:}

I've just watched film of a person about 1/4 my age (give or take) doing
stuff that I can't do after 18 years of unicycling. He may not be the
best in the world, but he looks like he's having fun. I wouldn't choose
to do that sort of riding, but I can see that it appeals to some.

I'm appalled that so many of the responses to this thread have been
negative or downright hostile.

This is a sport we all do for our own enjoyment, and we get excited
about it, and we want to share that excitement. If every time I posted
a story about one of my rides, someone else simply replied that they
could ride further and faster, I would not only stop posting stories,
but I'd probably give up the forum as a bad job. This is meant to be a
friendly space for all of us to share our love of our sport.

And we all know that there are some "elite" unicyclists (and some
self-appointed elite, too, no doubt) but in any sport, the majority of
people are not elite. That doesn't make what they're doing any less
valid.

Give the lad a break.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

And if you're really worried about looking stupid, you're already on a
unicycle

davis_e74 talking about helmets.