Seriously; where should a bikie retire?

Old January 12th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Seriously; where should a bikie retire?

"Luke" wrote in message
I'm surprised no one's ventured this proposal, so here goes. Forget
about a house; invest in a luxury motorhome and you can have your pick
of locations

Actually that idea was already proposed:
"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message news:...
Have a base condo in Baja California's retirement area and a luxury
Motorhome.
-tom

My friend is a fly-fisherman and gave this idea, and he's really living it
up (milking it for all it's worth). He's been retired for five years now
and the motor home has been a joy , free to travel and not pay the high
hotel fees. When he gets tired of traveling the roads he's back at his base
condo and enjoying the good life.
-tom

Old January 12th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:35:47 -0800, Tom Nakashima wrote:

"Luke" wrote in message
I'm surprised no one's ventured this proposal, so here goes. Forget
about a house; invest in a luxury motorhome and you can have your pick
of locations

Actually that idea was already proposed:
"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message news:...
Have a base condo in Baja California's retirement area and a luxury
Motorhome.
-tom

My friend is a fly-fisherman and gave this idea, and he's really living
it up (milking it for all it's worth). He's been retired for five years
now and the motor home has been a joy , free to travel and not pay the
high hotel fees. When he gets tired of traveling the roads he's back at
his base condo and enjoying the good life.

My late uncle retired to Baja, and did pretty much the same thing. He
also had a house in WA, and would go back and forth twice a year,
snowbird-style. He was an avid fisherman and hunter.

I know several mountain bikers who enjoy Baja, but I don't think I'd want
to brave Mexican roads on a bike, at least not that part of Mexico. There
are too many wild and crazy Americans enjoying the "wild west" atmosphere
down there.

Also, Baja is not as cheap as it used to be.

Personally I'm tempted to move to British Columbia, particularly on the
island, where it looks like there's great riding all over the place. I
sure see a lot of bikes there.

Matt O.

Old January 12th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news

My late uncle retired to Baja, and did pretty much the same thing. He
also had a house in WA, and would go back and forth twice a year,
snowbird-style. He was an avid fisherman and hunter.

How are the foreign landowner laws down there now? I've heard some horror
stories in the past.

Greg

Old January 13th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:45:07 -0800, G.T. wrote:

How are the foreign landowner laws down there now? I've heard some
horror stories in the past.

I don't know the specifics, but AFAIK foreigners can now legally
own land in Mexico. In the past, ownership was simulated by a loophole
system of 99 year leases, etc.

Matt O.

Old January 13th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article , Tom Nakashima
wrote:

Actually that idea was already proposed:
"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message news:...
Have a base condo in Baja California's retirement area and a luxury
Motorhome.
-tom

Excuse me Tom, my Alzheimer's is acting up again. I'm about ready for a
Winnebago myself!

Luke
Old January 13th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article , Matt
O'Toole wrote:

Personally I'm tempted to move to British Columbia, particularly on the
island, where it looks like there's great riding all over the place. I
sure see a lot of bikes there.

Matt O.

Toured there this past summer, but it is really a MTBer's paradise. You
know you're in B.C. when the MTBs cost more than the cars....

Luke

Seriously; where should a bikie retire? Jim Techniques 78 January 15th 06 04:46 AM
Page to retire after 2005 crit PRO Racing 8 November 22nd 05 05:29 PM
Armstrong to retire wafflycat UK 3 April 19th 05 08:05 PM
Spotted Dick to retire? Jason Spaceman Racing 3 September 23rd 04 02:21 PM
Use your computer to build an income stream and retire quickly! Zog The Undeniable UK 2 March 7th 04 03:18 PM