Hey UK AMB-ers

Old June 18th 06, 11:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Hey UK AMB-ers

gabrielle wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:

Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

Of course you count!

Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
or if I want to be bat**** insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
November.

gabrielle

Aw what a shame. You've just missed our annual bout of good weather for this year.
Look at the satellite weather pics to see what I mean.
Old June 20th 06, 02:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

bomba wrote:

...here are some pics of a ride my mate Ben and I
did in Wales last November:

http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0053.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0054.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0055.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0057.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0058.JPG
http://www.crewstone.co.uk/Afan/DSCF0059.JPG

Wow. Almost as brown as LoSoCal! Isn't everything /green/ over there?

Nice pics, though -- looked like a fun ride... Bill

Old June 20th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:53:22 +0100, bomba wrote:

You might get lucky, here are some pics of a ride my mate Ben and I did in
Wales last November:

nice photos! Those switchbacks look gnarly.

Give us a shout if you need a guide.

Definitely.

gab

Old June 20th 06, 02:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:19:49 +0100, dardruba wrote:

Aw what a shame. You've just missed our annual bout of good weather for
this year. Look at the satellite weather pics to see what I mean.

You guys get what, like 3.4 days, right?

gab
Old June 20th 06, 02:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

gabrielle wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:39:08 +0100, bomba wrote:

Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

Ello Bomba hows the riding darn sarf treating you? I'd meet up again
for a ride but I'll have to do some serious training beforehand!

Just putting out some feelers to see who's still around - I'm in the
planning stages of a trip to Wales for next year. I'm trying to decide
if I want to head over there in the summer for some decent weather,
or if I want to be bat**** insane & hit the Real Ale Wobble in
November.

gabrielle

You've made one massive assumption there, but in theory yes we get less
rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just
switch your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with
more spaced knobbly bits).
Steve.

Old June 20th 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:31:53 -0700, gabrielle wrote:

[...]

Actually was back there the weekend just gone - fantastic riding and
awesome weather.

Give us a shout if you need a guide.
Old June 21st 06, 03:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

About being bat**** insane?

but in theory yes we get less
rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just switch
your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with more
spaced knobbly bits).

It was that one RR of Andy's where he went on at length about extracting
himself from a hub-deep bog. Or maybe he was talking about watching Huw
extract himself. Made quite an impression on me. (Why exactly is Summer
in quotes up there, eh!) I really like the idea of combining riding +
beer + mud.

gab
Old June 22nd 06, 02:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On 2006-06-21, gabrielle wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:51:43 -0700, spademan o---[) * wrote:

[snip]
but in theory yes we get less
rainy days in 'Summer' than November. You can get some cracking days in
November too though and we don't actually have an off season. Just switch
your tyres for some that clear better in mud (usually ones with more
spaced knobbly bits).

It was that one RR of Andy's where he went on at length about extracting
himself from a hub-deep bog. Or maybe he was talking about watching Huw
extract himself. Made quite an impression on me. (Why exactly is Summer
in quotes up there, eh!) I really like the idea of combining riding +
beer + mud.

gab

Hub deep mud year round on the disused railway just above the
arrow at
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...=UTF8&t=h&om=1

It's deceptive- you don't really sink more than three inches
until you run out of momentum and are right in the middle of the boggy
stuff. All part of the fun
--
Tim.

Old June 28th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"gabrielle" wrote in message
news
Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

gabrielle

I'm around but not riding. Don't get to a.m-b often these days! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old June 28th 06, 09:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"bomba" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:52:28 -0700, gabrielle wrote:

Are you guys still around? Andy, spademan, the strange & nefarious Huw?
I know Rimmer's probably still laid up.

Do I count now that I'm back in London? I still glance over stuff every
now and again, but don't have as much time to post as I used to.

As for the others, went riding with Andy a year or so ago. Occasionally
bump in to Spademan on singletrackworld.com and did a fantastic ride in
Wales with him last year. Haven't heard from Huw for yonks. As for Shaun,
we used to mail each other now and again, but again, haven't heard from
him in ages. Might mail him tomorrow to see how he is.

Ya shoulda done it mate!

I'm not doing bad actually - still not able to do proper rides though. Just
found out I have a job again now TF! Start around 17th Jul, working with
Kath, for the DWP... heheheheh...

CHEERS!

Shaun aRe