RR: Cannell

Old June 26th 06, 05:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default RR: Cannell

http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old June 26th 06, 06:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:32:24 -0700, G.T. wrote:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

That's gorgeous.

I love that group photo...what's JD standing on?

gab
Old June 26th 06, 06:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Cannell

G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Nice,

Bill "still one of my favorite 'road trip' rides" S.

Old June 26th 06, 12:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

I've been in one of those hot rides and I ain't going no further at the
end deals. You guys look like a scene from My Bodyguard with JD
standing next to you.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old June 26th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"G.T." wrote in message
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

Nice stuff. Guess I'm gonna have to visit the FIL more often........

Gary

Old June 27th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

No RR from me on that trail. I was thoroughly disappointed in most of
it, due to its being thrashed first by motos and then by skidiots. The
first section we rode was nice, as was past that big meadow and before
the skid-o-rama.

JD

Old June 27th 06, 12:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

gabrielle wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:32:24 -0700, G.T. wrote:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

That's gorgeous.

I love that group photo...what's JD standing on?

A midget's shoulders.

JD

Old June 27th 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:
G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I
just wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put
up their ride reports.

No RR from me on that trail. I was thoroughly disappointed in most of
it, due to its being thrashed first by motos and then by skidiots.
The first section we rode was nice, as was past that big meadow and
before the skid-o-rama.

Now that's sad. It was great a few years ago, as I imagine Porter would
attest. (They really allow /motorcycles/ on that trail?!? Criminal.)

Old June 27th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Sorni" wrote in message
JD wrote:
G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I
just wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put
up their ride reports.

No RR from me on that trail. I was thoroughly disappointed in most of
it, due to its being thrashed first by motos and then by skidiots.
The first section we rode was nice, as was past that big meadow and
before the skid-o-rama.

Now that's sad. It was great a few years ago, as I imagine Porter would
attest. (They really allow /motorcycles/ on that trail?!? Criminal.)

My mind is a little foggy but I believe he said he didn't remember the
middle section being whooped out and torn up. I have to confess, I rode the
section between Big Meadow and Sherman Pass on a motorcycle in 1977 or 1978.
It was open then but ours were the only motorcycle tracks and we didn't see
a hiker nor any mtn bikers that day. The bonus section up to Sherman Peak
and the section from Big Meadow out to Kernville is closed to motorcycles.

Greg

Old June 27th 06, 03:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

G.T. wrote:
http://www.2fortheroad.net/cannell06/cannell06.html

Much thanks to JD, Bill Porter, and Bill O'Neil for the photos. I just
wanted to get a little taste out there before Porter and JD put up their
ride reports.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter

Nice RR Greg. Here is my contribution.
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CannellPlunge.htm#2006

Just in case your reader does not support bookmarked links
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CannellPlunge.htm

I was a little bummed with the moto-damage as well in the upper
sections. It was not that bad in 2003. Of course JD got the full
experience of the damage by bringing along the rigid bike.

Here is the video from the ride. It is 9:10 minutes long and 70MB in
size.
http://www.mtbbill.com/videos/Cannell06-wmv

The camping was so nice, I think I going to take the family up there in
a week or so.

-Bill