Congratulations, Mike V.

Old April 12th 08, 01:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Congratulations, Mike V.

SMS aka Steven M. Scharf wrote:
Anthony DeLorenzo wrote:
Hey Mike,

Wow, I just checked the archives. Your first anti-mountain bike
posting was August 31, 1996. You're coming up on 12 years now.
Congrats! Twelve years and tens of thousands of posts. Even though
mountain biking has continued to grow year after year, don't get
discouraged. Some would call that 12 years of futility, but I would
call it 12 years of fighting the good fight. Keep at it man!

What's helped mountain biking continue to grow is education and research
studies. Once it was determined that mountain biking had no more trail
impact than hiking, the debate changed from impact on the trails to
impact on other trail users. It's understandable that hikers are upset
by the few irresponsible mountain bikers, but conversely it's often the
hikers that are irresponsible as well, but hiking in large groups, and
leaving behind their litter.

By far the worst non-motorized offender for trail damage is the horse.
Deep hoof prints and manure all over the place.

Old April 17th 08, 06:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:35:31 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Anthony DeLorenzo wrote:
Hey Mike,

Wow, I just checked the archives. Your first anti-mountain bike
posting was August 31, 1996. You're coming up on 12 years now.
Congrats! Twelve years and tens of thousands of posts. Even though
mountain biking has continued to grow year after year, don't get
discouraged. Some would call that 12 years of futility, but I would
call it 12 years of fighting the good fight. Keep at it man!

What's helped mountain biking continue to grow is education and research
studies. Once it was determined that mountain biking had no more trail
impact than hiking,

BS. I refuted all those bogus "studies":
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

the debate changed from impact on the trails to
impact on other trail users. It's understandable that hikers are upset
by the few irresponsible mountain bikers,

It's not "a few", but THOUSANDS!

but conversely it's often the
hikers that are irresponsible as well, but hiking in large groups, and
leaving behind their litter.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

No congratulations for you! tom Mountain Biking 4 November 10th 06 04:09 PM
Congratulations xeaza digigal1 Unicycling 2 April 6th 06 09:09 PM
Congratulations PB David Martin UK 8 February 1st 06 03:59 PM
Mike Murray - See Blood Thinner Question Below - Mike Murray White Courtesy Phone - Calling Mike Murray, M.D. Leave It To Beaver Racing 0 April 13th 05 04:30 AM
Congratulations jsm UniBrier Unicycling 12 April 12th 05 06:07 PM