Torque Wrench?

Old February 14th 05, 11:06 PM
Wasatch5k

Default Torque Wrench?

Who makes the best Torque wrench?

Thanks,

Nate
Old February 14th 05, 11:17 PM
Derek Hodges

Wasatch5k wrote:
Who makes the best Torque wrench?

Thanks,

Nate

try: http://sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html

Derek Hodges
Toronto
Old February 14th 05, 11:21 PM
Wasatch5k

try: http://sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html

Derek Hodges
Toronto

Thanks for the, um, Help?
Old February 14th 05, 11:40 PM
Frank

I use a Sears Craftsman clicker-type with a 3/8" drive. It works well.

Old February 14th 05, 11:58 PM
Chris Hughes

Pretty much a loaded question. There are a lot of criteria to define what
is best. I personally use a beam type. Cheap and good enough accuracy.
Some people like the click type but they are not necessarily more accurate
and are more expensive. Then you can go to the ultra precision type and pay
big bucks, but why? Not much if anything on a bike needs a high degree of
accuracy. Most spec's give a range of torque, get in there and most any
torque wrench will be good enough.
Chris

Old February 15th 05, 01:08 AM
Ted

Someone who was too shy to use his name wrote:

try: http://sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html

Derek Hodges
Toronto

Thanks for the, um, Help?

Wasatch, Derek did help you. He sent you to one of the best bicycle
sites there is.

I have assumed that your reply to Derek was sarcastic, because it
sounded that way.

Ted

--
Ted Bennett
Portland, OR
Old February 15th 05, 01:08 AM
Dave Thompson

"Wasatch5k" wrote in message
Who makes the best Torque wrench?

Thanks,

Nate

Craftsman makes a very good beam type torque wrench that reads high enough
for bottom brackets and crank bolts. It retails for around $20.00. It's
calibrated in foot-pounds and Newton-meters.

Old February 15th 05, 01:24 AM
Wasatch5k

Ted Bennett from a city with great beer wrote:
Wasatch, Derek did help you. He sent you to one of the best bicycle
sites there is.

I have assumed that your reply to Derek was sarcastic, because it
sounded that way.

Your right, Sheldon's site is very informative. I have spent many a late night seeking vital information from this source.

Please accept my apologie Derek, I was not trying to be rude.

Maybe I should have been more specific: Park vs. Craftsman vs. Pedros vs ???? What do most people use. Price/performance.

Thanks,

Nate
Old February 15th 05, 01:32 AM
Art M

"Ted" wrote in message
Someone who was too shy to use his name wrote:

try: http://sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html

Derek Hodges
Toronto

Thanks for the, um, Help?

Wasatch, Derek did help you. He sent you to one of the best bicycle
sites there is.

I have assumed that your reply to Derek was sarcastic, because it
sounded that way.

Ted

--
Ted Bennett
Portland, OR

It certainly is a great cycling site, but in this case Sheldon has tongue
way up cheek.
In that picture Sheldon looks like could he torque nuts with his teeth.
(Sounds much worse than I meant it to be). Some more useful wrenches at
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools/wrench.html
but I didn't see any torque wrenches.

--Art

Old February 15th 05, 01:39 AM
Ted

In article kicQd.63448$jn.24509@lakeread06,
"Art M" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
[...]

Omygod, Sheldon got me again. And it's not even April first.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland, OR

Easton EA70 stem AC Techniques 10 November 17th 04 07:00 AM
Torque wrench for BBs Paul Davis UK 12 August 11th 04 12:12 AM
Torque wrench recommendations Paul Davis UK 14 April 8th 04 05:24 PM
Torque Concept versus Torque Measurement Calvin Jones Techniques 2 April 8th 04 05:23 PM
Park Torque wrench. and NM's Neacalban1 Techniques 1 January 4th 04 11:21 AM