Boeshield T-9 for titanium frame

Old February 15th 05, 07:52 PM
Neil Brooks

Default Boeshield T-9 for titanium frame

Anybody have any experience with this? The LBS recommended it for use
on the Moots frame I ordered. Moots seems to recommend lemon-fresh
Pledge ;-)

TIA,

Neil
Old February 15th 05, 08:42 PM
Doug Huffman

Titanium's only real advantage over any other bicycle material is its
corrosion resistance. I'd go with the Lemon-Fresh Pledge.

Old February 15th 05, 08:46 PM
Chalo

Neil Brooks wrote:

Anybody have any experience with this? The LBS recommended it for

use
on the Moots frame I ordered. Moots seems to recommend lemon-fresh
Pledge ;-)

One of the benefits of a Ti frame, to my way of thinking, is release
from any obligation to rub ointments on your bike's finish.

However, if you want an expensive, high-status ointment to massage your
expensive, high-status bike frame with, then Renaissance Wax is likely
the best concoction for the job.

http://www.restorationproduct.com/renwaxinfo.html

It's an excellent wax that is typically used for fine art and
collectibles.

My impression is that Pledge is less likely to attract dust than
Boeshield is, FWIW.

Chalo Colina

Old February 15th 05, 09:55 PM
S o r n i

Neil Brooks wrote:
Anybody have any experience with this? The LBS recommended it for use
on the Moots frame I ordered. Moots seems to recommend lemon-fresh
Pledge ;-)

Invoice-induced saline discharge?

Old February 19th 05, 05:43 PM
Phil B.

I think your LBS is suggesting T-9 for the inside, which would seem to
have a dubious effect for ti. The Lemon Scent Pledge is what Moots
thinks is the best for outside. If you ride enough though, the dust
won't accumulate.

Phil B

Old February 19th 05, 11:17 PM
David L. Johnson

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:52:16 +0000, Neil Brooks wrote:

Anybody have any experience with this? The LBS recommended it for use
on the Moots frame I ordered. Moots seems to recommend lemon-fresh
Pledge ;-)

It's silly. Titanium frames don't rust away; that's why they are not
painted. They are just trying to sell you stuff you don't need.

As far as polishing the outside goes, my shop rags are usually oily enough
to take care of that. Unless you got a polished finish, you shouldn't
need to do anything more than brush off the mud. Personally, I think a
brushed finish is the best; no maintenance and it looks good.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | When you are up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember
_`\(,_ | that your initial objective was to drain the swamp. -- LBJ
(_)/ (_) |

Old February 20th 05, 06:20 AM
Weisse Luft

Anybody have any experience with this? The LBS recommended it for use
on the Moots frame I ordered. Moots seems to recommend lemon-fresh
Pledge ;-)

TIA,

Neil

Boeshield is meant for protection of aluminum surfaces since alloys
like 2024 (copper based aerospace aluminum) corrode rapidly when it
gets wet. Since typical aerospace alloys are not typically welded, the
alloys used in bike frames like 6061 do not need any protection on the
inside unless there is direrct connection to steel or titanium.

Titanium does not need any protection unless you have aluminum in
direct contact and then its the aluminum you have to worry about.

--
Weisse Luft