SYD: Its slippery out there boys and girls

Old January 23rd 07, 09:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

Default SYD: Its slippery out there boys and girls

With all that hot weather and lack of rain, it sure was slippery on the
roads this morning...
(as the gravel rash on my hip and elbow can attest to).

At least I was wearing my older pair of knicks.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Duncan Wrote:
With all that hot weather and lack of rain, it sure was slippery on the
roads this morning...
(as the gravel rash on my hip and elbow can attest to).

At least I was wearing my older pair of knicks.

Ecchhhh, not pleasant, hope you mend up soon! Hate gravel rash, not
just for being a messy injury but also for those unneeded hidden extras
sometimes you have to scrub out. Arggg, hate it, hate it. (ok, making a
point here!)

--
cfsmtb

Old January 24th 07, 01:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Jan 24, 10:19 am, cfsmtb
wrote:
Duncan Wrote:

With all that hot weather and lack of rain, it sure was slippery on the
roads this morning...
(as the gravel rash on my hip and elbow can attest to).

At least I was wearing my older pair of knicks.Ecchhhh, not pleasant, hope you mend up soon! Hate gravel rash, not

just for being a messy injury but also for those unneeded hidden extras
sometimes you have to scrub out. Arggg, hate it, hate it. (ok, making a
point here!)

Fortunately, it was a low-speed slide.. not too much damage to me or
bike (apart from bar tape and saddle)

Old January 24th 07, 08:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf

cfsmtb wrote:

Ecchhhh, not pleasant, hope you mend up soon! Hate gravel rash, not
just for being a messy injury but also for those unneeded hidden extras
sometimes you have to scrub out. Arggg, hate it, hate it. (ok, making a
point here!)

I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to go thru with that treatment after
my face plant last year. It healed over ok, but now I have this grey scar
between my nose and upper lip. Must have picked up a bit of oil or road
cruft. Trying to decide if I want to hide it with a mo.

--
beerwolf
(To reply by email, remove numbers from my address)
Old January 24th 07, 08:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hemyd

"beerwolf" wrote in message
14.243...
cfsmtb wrote:

Ecchhhh, not pleasant, hope you mend up soon! Hate gravel rash, not
just for being a messy injury but also for those unneeded hidden extras
sometimes you have to scrub out. Arggg, hate it, hate it. (ok, making a
point here!)

I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to go thru with that treatment after
my face plant last year. It healed over ok, but now I have this grey scar
between my nose and upper lip. Must have picked up a bit of oil or road
cruft. Trying to decide if I want to hide it with a mo.

--
beerwolf
(To reply by email, remove numbers from my address)

Over a year ago I had a fall on a country dirt track. What I thought was
just gravel rash included a gash, which developed into cellulitis. Nearly
killed me. Six doctors' visits, two hospital visits and $100 worth of
antibiotic later, I was sort of OK except for damaged ligaments which took a
while longer to mend.

Henry.