Touring on bike paths?

Old September 1st 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
[email protected][_2_]

Default Touring on bike paths?

Hello,

Has anybody went on a bike tour solely using bike paths?

If so, where did you do it and how far did you go? Was it all done on
paths?

Regards,
Cullen
Appleton, WI
Old September 2nd 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sally

"Pat" wrote in :
And the answer--just one of many--is yes. Try the Katy trail across
Missouri.

I did the Katy Trail once. That was the flattest 225 miles I've ever done.
Old September 2nd 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Garry Lee

I've done it in Germany where there are numerous such paths, called
Radwegs. It is a bit slower because of the extra navigation involved.
Old September 4th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_18_]

Garry Lee wrote:
I've done it in Germany where there are numerous such paths, called
Radwegs. It is a bit slower because of the extra navigation involved.

And don't forget the Netherlands!

Old September 4th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_18_]

sally wrote:
"Pat" wrote in
:
And the answer--just one of many--is yes. Try the Katy trail across
Missouri.

I did the Katy Trail once. That was the flattest 225 miles I've ever
done.

Have you done the C&O Canal or gone the rest of the way up to Pittsburgh?
I want to do that one (two) in one vacation.

Pat

Old September 4th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom

Pat wrote:
sally wrote:
"Pat" wrote in
:
And the answer--just one of many--is yes. Try the Katy trail across
Missouri.

I did the Katy Trail once. That was the flattest 225 miles I've ever
done.

Have you done the C&O Canal or gone the rest of the way up to Pittsburgh?
I want to do that one (two) in one vacation.

Pat

I do my daily ride on a very small part of the "east coast greenway"
Old September 6th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Simon Lewis

Garry Lee writes:

I've done it in Germany where there are numerous such paths, called
Radwegs. It is a bit slower because of the extra navigation involved.

Slower for A-B but not slower in terms of speed. The radwegs in Germany
are fantastic.

Why we need bike paths. Mastuna UK 103 June 13th 08 08:52 AM
Bike paths [email protected] General 3 January 7th 07 09:27 AM
Trek 720 Touring Bike (25") - Best touring bicycle EVER Unrevealed Source Marketplace 2 March 2nd 06 04:28 AM
LAB and bike paths Veloise General 14 October 15th 05 04:32 PM
bike paths Cully_J Recumbent Biking 2 August 24th 05 03:28 AM