Costco outshining the Lowe's Task Force Cree LED flashlight?

Old June 14th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
patrick

Default Costco outshining the Lowe's Task Force Cree LED flashlight?

regarding the intermittent lighting. I found that if you unscrew the
tailcap , look at the threaded disc inside, is it loose or possibly
contaminated? I unsrewed the tailcap , used some solvent to clean the
are then reassembled tightening the threaded washer. It has to make an
electrical contact to complete the circuit. That was my problem. I
also used a spare solder tab off a tabbed rechargeable to solder to
the spring contact at the front of the flashlight. That wider contact
allows the smaller contact button on rechargeables to make a better
contact. I also found that if you are really down to the last fresh
cell, that mine would run with one 1800mah nimh and a dummy cell. Not
as bright but usable. Pat